Some errors during testing b50 [b51]

JensWinterstein

After upgrading to [b50] and testing my game "Loony Box" a game in the simulator, I got the following errors after entering a level (ingame):

10/8/11 1:05:37.341 PM SpringBoard: Application 'insert App Name here' exited abnormally with signal 11: Segmentation fault: 11

10/8/11 1:05:37.342 PM SpringBoard: Error deserializing wallpaper image: Error Domain=CPBitmapErrorDomain Code=0 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (CPBitmapErrorDomain error 0 - No data provided to CPBitmapCreateImagesFromData)" UserInfo=0x7068da0 {NSDescription=No data provided to CPBitmapCreateImagesFromData}

I re-saved the game after upgrading to [b50] and didn't change any other things . It still works with [b49]. The crashlog is attached to this post.

The error mostly happens after scene transitioning/switching.
Anyone experienced the same/something similar?

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:15:17 pm by Jon »
Get 100 Chambers for Android / iOS
Get Cubus Velox for Android / iOS or play it on Flash

- Portfolio

Jon

I'd have to see the game - there were 0 engine-side changes for b50. b49 had just one change.

JensWinterstein

It happens for me even with the platform game that was shipped with b50.
Gonna re-download b50 and try again...

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:57:00 am by JensWinterstein »

- Portfolio

Jon

I think I tracked down the issue after noticing it happening to Manuel's game. I'll reupload it and call it b51 after I complete some other work.

JensWinterstein

Thanks Jon. I tested every game with b51 and it seems to be stable. I had one crash though with the same error during 15mins of testing.

EDIT: Tested a bit more and it seems to crash every now and then. Gonna send over my game if you want to. These crashes don't appear in b49.

Trying out the iPad stuff later this day.

EDIT: Deploying on the iPad works now :) It's scaled correctly at "iPhone only". Good work here, Jon.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:06:09 am by JensWinterstein »

- Portfolio

Jon

Hmm, it's that fix I did for the golf game.

The irony is that the "old" way your game is fixed but the golf game is broken on isInRegion.

And the new way, the golf game is fixed but yours crashes on isInRegion.

Jon

I figured out what was wrong with the golf game. It was an extremely obscure bug where having an actor attribute with name "actor" happened to collide with the actor class variable in the super class, leading to the parent actor variable being set but not the one in the child.

Your issue will be cleared up for b52.

JensWinterstein

Excellent, Jon. Works like a charm after the first tests.

- Portfolio