Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Twitch: FindingAnswers

rrzl

Sounds like a great plot for a manga.

Tuo

There are a lot of similarities between manga and light novels, and there are a lot of similarities between light novels and the book I am writing ;).
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

Tuo

Going live again.

I'm going to try to start modifying the title so that people know what kind of live show it is.

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

Tuo

Going live to work on my novel.

tariq89

hi first thanks for you demos games there really helping me to understand and work in my (simply game) ,i have a question pleas if you can help me or guide me to one of your tutorials to take what i need, my question is how can i lat the enemy to come from the right side of the screen in repeated way like waves without putting the enemy in the scene?

i tried to do every n second create but its not work well and i have to put the enemy in the scene i really cant understand what i have to do .

i know it's not a simply question, i am new in this program.
and sorry for my bad English.
thanks.

Tuo

Tariq, have you tried my "Demo- Infinite Platformer"? The platforms themselves are actors and constantly flow in from the side. You might be able to manipulate the code to work for what you want in your game. If you can't figure it out, feel free to hang out on my livestream to see if someone comes on (like me) who can help out; you could also wait until I say that I am going live and then you'll know that I am on.

tariq89

amazing thank you so much,it's work well. i am looking forward to learn more from you.
and yes i got the idea, i don't know how to thank you. :)

Tuo

I'm just happy to help out :). Let me know if anything else comes up, and you are always welcome in the livestream (anyone is actually), even if just to hang out. It's gotten livelier since I started posting here, which is nice ;).

GameDev408

Happy Birthday, Tuo!
I thank you for all of your help.

tariq89

hi tuo how are you?
i need your help if you may, need the enemy to shot or fire on the player and make the enemy take more then one hit to  be killed like a boss or monster in the game.

75% of the game is done i love to take your opinion when its over.
and i am waiting for your reply to go on the live stream .
i am really sorry if i am asking too much.

Tuo

Are you Ozygiygas? I'm on for a short bit (although not live as of writing this).

tariq89

Ozygiygas!!! i search on google to know what is that means.
i am not Ozygiygas i wish if i have the ability to make such Ozygiygas games he is good but not like you, you are really expert in this section.

anyway you don't have to writ this i did not ask you to writ this man.
i almost got the idea to put a health in actor like you did in infinite space shooter demo ,like i told you in my first comment you can guide me or give me a hint.

you helped me a lot and sorry for being  obtrusive.

Tuo

Don't apologize. I was simply curious as he came on after you requested for help (BTW, Ozy if you are reading this, feel free to come back and/or email me if you still have your question). I do hope to be on tonight to help out if people need it.

As for your actual question, the idea behind using HP is to do all of the coding in one actor; for example, in the enemy:

Collision event with actor of type bullet
   if HP > 1
      decrement HP by 1
  else
      kill self
  kill actor of type

tariq89

thanks a lot my friend.

working on it.

tariq89

hello
i am helpless i cant get the health right  to the enemy  this is really depressing for now every thing going well except the health to the enemy, i tried what i did in the player health but its not working  the enemy some time take one hit and some time take two or five its random i cant fix it .

i set the HP to the enemy to 3 or 5 in when created and  i did collision event with actor of type bullet ,if HP>1, decrement HP by 1, otherwise kill self, kill actor of type but its not working, sometime take one hit to be killed or more as random.

what else can i do ?