Grimore: Awakening

Blaziken8x

One thing that I really dislike, is when people use z and x for controls in their games. A lot of Europeans use the qwertz keyboard layout and controls like that are just so impractical for us.

rrzl

I don't see much of a problem at all personally.
Using your ring finger on X to hold for running and index finger tapping on Z to jump.
Unless, its the other way around, using X to jump. Now that is super uncomfortable.

Blaziken8x

^I guess you are right, it's not that bad. But, personally z and x controls make me not want to bother playing the game.

ceosol

The prototype should be about proof of concept. I cannot tell much about the game other than there will be eating and drinking. What is the concept?

-Depending on how it fits into the game, the eating and drinking are a nice touch.
-To go along with eating and drinking, you should try to include day and night.
-I think you should smooth out the terrain a little bit more (either make curves or take out the edges in the pits).
-The arm mechanic is alright. It reminds me of Adventure Quest.

merrak

I was wondering if that was a sword or an arm. Hard to tell just looking at rectangles :)

I'm with ceosol on this one. This doesn't show very much other than the walking mechanics work--which is a significant step, of course. It'd be nice to see more of what the gameplay would be like.

Movement feels a bit sluggish to me.

The prototype should be about proof of concept. I cannot tell much about the game other than there will be eating and drinking. What is the concept?

-Depending on how it fits into the game, the eating and drinking are a nice touch.
-To go along with eating and drinking, you should try to include day and night.
-I think you should smooth out the terrain a little bit more (either make curves or take out the edges in the pits).
-The arm mechanic is alright. It reminds me of Adventure Quest.

Thank you! Yes, we are just updating the game slowly with prototypes to show proof of creation as you said earlier. The scene will not be a true scene, its for testing only at the moment, and yes we will be adding day and night. We have added a zombie, sword now hits, you can kill the zombie, the zombie can kill you, and when you are hit by the zombie the screen shakes and deals damage. Thank you for your time replying!

Alexin

Quote from: EliteGamesIndustries
(...) you are hit by the zombie the screen shakes and deals damage.
Wow! I can't wait! =D
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Update:

Here is a screenshot of the official Grimore: Awakening website menu. It is very low in development so don't worry about the lighting or size of font it will all be fixed accordingly. We will be updating regularly on the games development.

NOTE: We are still looking for an artist! If you can help us fill this position then please comment, PM, email or Skype me! Skype: EliteGamesIndustries, Email: Eli.w.ward@gmail.com . Thanks in advance!

Suggestions or comments are always welcome.

merrak

Nice to see this coming along. I wish I could see the artwork more clearly. It sounds like you're already aware of this--it's very dark.

Nice to see this coming along. I wish I could see the artwork more clearly. It sounds like you're already aware of this--it's very dark.

Yeah! It's very low in development although we have big plans for it. We will keep y'all updated. And just a little note, a new prototype will be added either tomorrow or Sunday, so I will tell y'all when it's up so I can get you opinion over it.

UPDATE:

Today, we have a new prototype playable for you! This one is a larger update now, since the last one. Here is what we have added since the last update:
Food bar,
Water bar,
Health bar,
In-game food,
Arms,
New Weapon,
New shooting controls,
Menu,
and XP.
(Please look at the bottom of the page to see new game controls, also remember the ice weapon takes .5 seconds to charge up and shoot, and the positioning is a tad off, but we will be fixing that)

In the next prototype we will be having a story mode implemented so you will be able to check that out in not to long. Please leave comments, suggestions, or anything. We love to hear back from you!

NOTE: We are still looking for a 2d vector artist. If you can help fill this position, please email me or skype me email- eli.w.ward@gmail.com Skype- elitegamesindustries

merrak

Looks like your team is making some progress. That's always a good thing!

I don't know how close the test terrain is to the planned actual terrains. Movement up the hills can be frustrating. Some sort of slope detection would help. I feel like I have no control on any kind of slope--even slight grades.

The arms are a nice touch, but it'd be nice if I had some sort of feedback on whether or not the sword is swung with the right timing to hit the enemy.

Blaziken8x

You are making progress, nice. :)

Just one thing, I would suggest putting the switch weapons button (Z) on E or Q. It just seems it would be easier to have it right above your index/ring finger.