Grimore: Awakening

Any new updates?

Look two posts up, I just posted one.

If you have anymore questions, then please comment, and I will answer them!

Cheers,

The Grimore Team

Donni11

Just played the demo , truly amazing :) ! I look forward to release :) !
Peace

Siren Games

Is the latest version of the demo still v0.0.9?  I feel like I'm missing something.  This has been in develoment since May and you have an 8 month deadline?  I'm assuming you have a lot more finished than you're demonstrating then, which is totally undestandable, I'm just not seeing a substantial amount of work here.

Feedback:  The prototype or demo is pretty stale so far.  The range of the sword is very limited and it makes combat with it very difficult.  There's also the issue with facing your enemies.  If the player ever encounters an enemy that's faster than him than he'll have a very difficult time avoiding damage, which seems important based on the damage to max health ratio here.  The character should face the mouse and be able to backstep away from enemies while using his ranged attack in my opinion.  I think that's a very important mechanic for a sidescrolling game with this type of combat. 

Other than that it's a good start and a decent idea.  I feel the premise of being hired to slay every animal in the game is a bit bland and could use some work especially when you call the game a story based platformer. 

Alright.  There are my brutal critiques for your project.  I hope you find them helpful and you don't think I'm just being harsh for no reason. 

I really love how the character has two separate arms and how smooth their animations are for their attacks.  That's definitely an interesting idea and you seem to be pulling it off well so far.  Also keep up the updates.  I'm interested in seeing where the project ends up.

Good luck!

Is the latest version of the demo still v0.0.9?  I feel like I'm missing something.  This has been in develoment since May and you have an 8 month deadline?  I'm assuming you have a lot more finished than you're demonstrating then, which is totally undestandable, I'm just not seeing a substantial amount of work here.

Feedback:  The prototype or demo is pretty stale so far.  The range of the sword is very limited and it makes combat with it very difficult.  There's also the issue with facing your enemies.  If the player ever encounters an enemy that's faster than him than he'll have a very difficult time avoiding damage, which seems important based on the damage to max health ratio here.  The character should face the mouse and be able to backstep away from enemies while using his ranged attack in my opinion.  I think that's a very important mechanic for a sidescrolling game with this type of combat. 

Other than that it's a good start and a decent idea.  I feel the premise of being hired to slay every animal in the game is a bit bland and could use some work especially when you call the game a story based platformer. 

Alright.  There are my brutal critiques for your project.  I hope you find them helpful and you don't think I'm just being harsh for no reason. 

I really love how the character has two separate arms and how smooth their animations are for their attacks.  That's definitely an interesting idea and you seem to be pulling it off well so far.  Also keep up the updates.  I'm interested in seeing where the project ends up.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for this criticism! I didn't think anyone actually read my first post anymore, haha. I should edit the first comment that I started to post off with and tell them that its outdated on what I wrote, like there is now over 200+ voice dialogue, and it only says like text dialogue, and small amounts of voice dialogue. Also the deadline has been moved for sure, at this time in the development it is around 1/2 a year until we finish. Actually, we have a tiny bit more updated version of the 0.0.9, but it only has a few new things.

We have many art pieces that we haven't shown yet, right now we are at four backgrounds, four menu screens, including settings, menu, inventory, stats, also we have enemy pick-up box to get their items once killed, GUI, two enemies, for now, player with running animation, attack animation, and idle animation. This week I spent around $100+ and decided to spend a little bit on animations which I think was a good investment. We also have around 150ish props, 150+ sound fx, an example of a few, running on different materials, enemies hurt, enemies screaming, enemies dying, player dying, player hurt, props breaking, torch sparkling, blizzard, those are just a few of the many, many we have.

I have already talked to my other developers about the issue with the weapons, in the new animations of the player the weapon is larger, refer to page six of this thread, and comment #7 to see the player art. The health issue will be fixed due to having around eight different food to eat, and you can store them into your inventory to eat if it gets really low, and since the weapon issue will be fixed, that will also fixed being killed very quickly against monsters. Also if you didnt notice there are two weapons, the sword and the ice fire, the ice fire can be used for more long range kills. Right now, the ice fire is just like little ice cubes, but if you looked at the player you will have seen what the ice fire will be like so he will use it like magic.

About the storyline, in the story you make the decree since you are the leader of the tribe to kill all the monsters, and trust me there is a sequel being created for this game that is 3D to mix somethings up, and it all ties into one masterpiece of a story. Once you finish this game, you will be on the edge of your seat to get the sequel of Grimore: Awakening. 

Thanks so much for leaving that comment, and taking the time to write it out. I have seen some of your work like the Easy  RPG Creator, and I am very impressed with your work. Keep it up! If you are interested we may be needing more developers for this game, just tell me if you are interested or not, and we can discuss.

We love to hear back from you, please leave a comment or suggestion.

Thanks in advance!
- The team of Grimore: Awakening

Support-

Email- eli.w.ward@gmail.com
Skype- elitegamesindustries

Siren Games

Hey guys,

Thanks for the awesome reply to my comment.  I felt like I was being overly harsh but I see now that the demo is just out of date and you guys are definitely picking up steam.  That's great!  I'm excited to see more.  The art looks pretty good so far.  It seems very scifi to me, but I'm glad you didn't go with a traditional human character.  We play humans in real life, it's fun to be something different in games.

So is the sequel also being developed by you, or another team?

As far as helping on your project, we (Everbrave Interactive) just announced a big project of our own and it'll be taking up all of our time.  We appreciate the offer though.  Perhaps if things change I'll let you know.

Anyway.  Thanks for the response and for clearing up my questions and confusion.  I'll keep watching the project.  Good luck to you!

Hey guys,

Thanks for the awesome reply to my comment.  I felt like I was being overly harsh but I see now that the demo is just out of date and you guys are definitely picking up steam.  That's great!  I'm excited to see more.  The art looks pretty good so far.  It seems very scifi to me, but I'm glad you didn't go with a traditional human character.  We play humans in real life, it's fun to be something different in games.

So is the sequel also being developed by you, or another team?

As far as helping on your project, we (Everbrave Interactive) just announced a big project of our own and it'll be taking up all of our time.  We appreciate the offer though.  Perhaps if things change I'll let you know.

Anyway.  Thanks for the response and for clearing up my questions and confusion.  I'll keep watching the project.  Good luck to you!

Thanks for the comment! No, you weren't being harsh at all, I understand why you would've said all that! No worries!

The sequel is being created by another team. Their studio is WillingShade Studios. I completely understand about you not being able to join, and that's completely fine! I hope your game becomes big, and please keep us updated. If you need anything just ask!

Thanks in advance!

Support-

Here is a little update on the games logo. We currently have the game on hold due to a post game, which hopefully once sold will pay for workers to help finish the game more quick, and very proficient.

If you would be interested in doing some free work on the game, and then do some programming for money once we finish the post project, then please email or Skype us. We are looking for hard workers, that have a good understanding and knowledge of Stencyl to be able to do hard assignments, and try to find out any problems.

Here is the logo:

I would love to chat with anyone who is interested!

Thanks in advance!

Support-