Grimore: Awakening

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Community Forums,

I am no stranger here, but today I want to tell you a little about a game I am creating right now.
First off I'll tell you about it. I was hired by WillingShade Studios to make them a prequel to their game, Grimore: Vengeance. This game will be called Grimore: Awakening. We already have started the initial developments of the game such as sound, concept art, logo, storyline, and dialogue. We have a team of highly experienced game developers. Our team right now is:

Game Developers:
Eli Ward
ETHproductions
Luyren

Artists:
Robson Michel
Alon E.
Deco Wilson

Dialogue Writer:
Sk3letor
Bob Bob

Voice Actors:
Logan Byers

SFX:
Logan Byers

Musicians:
Christopher Carlone
Logan Byers
Brandyn Silva
Marc Chait

Website Developer:
Ben Potter

As you may see we are somewhat low on artists; if you can help, please drop me a email or PM on the forums or comment. My email is eli.w.ward@gmail.com. However, we also need another programmer; if you would like to join in that position, please do the same as the instructions above.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What's the game going to be like?

Our game is going to be a 2D story-based game, featuring platforming and combat elements. When finished, it will take an hour to an hour and a half to beat. Due to the violence involved, it will be rated T for Teen.

What's the game about?

You are the leader of the Templars, and you are following a decree that forces the magical animals of the forests (demons, skeletons, undead, dragons) to be killed. You have to go through nine terrains killing the animals, and finish the project under a time limit. Every time you die, you will spawn back with a goblin beside you saying a dialogue such as, "You're back already? I thought it would be longer than that."

Are you going to make this game very unique and special?

Yes! We have a sound artists that has made over 90+ sounds for the game, and we got so detailed that we even did sounds like torch lit, and water dropping.  We made sounds for when you slash you sword, to make you feel like you are actually in the game and put you on the battlefield yourself.

Will there be boss fights?

Correct, we will have a few boss fights, where you will need to use your resources to kill and defeat the magical beast. Many bosses will laugh at you during the fight, and will think you are nothing more than trash, whereas if you are good enough, you will prove him wrong and kill him.

When is the game's deadline?

The game's deadline is eight months from now, due to very large game with spectacular gameplay. We need more developers and artists to help out with the project. We would love to see you help on this project.

Are you being sponsored?

We are sponsored by a group called BlackShell Media. Their team has promoted many popular TV shows and Steam games, including Overture and Sanctuary RPG Black Edition, on sites such as ABC News, Yahoo News, and PC Gamer. http://blackshellmedia.com

Would you like to know more about the game?

If this is true, you can add me on Skype: EliteGamesIndustries, send me an email: eli.w.ward@gmail.com, comment on this post, send me a PM on the forums, or meet me on the Stencyl Chat if I am on at the time. I look forward to hearing from you! Thanks in advance for reading this. I am excited about this project, and hope you are also.

Captain - Eli Ward
Co-Captain - ETHproductions

« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:22:33 pm by EliteGamesIndustries »

ceosol

Good luck to you and your team.

Alexin

Did you mean "grimoire"?
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

irock

Keep in mind that this is a fangame for an unreleased game virtually nobody has heard of and that the only payment you'll possibly receive is revenue share.

Just a word of caution.

The game has been heard, and revenue sharing isnt bad.

ceosol

and revenue sharing isnt bad.

Do you have a quote on what percentage of revenue the artists and extra programmer might get? It might help people decide whether they want to join the project.

irock

Revenue share isn't bad if you're making a game alongside an incredibly well known developer and you're fairly certain the project is going to make money. If you're working with Jonathan Blow on a game, yes, take revenue share. However, WillingShade Studios has never released a game, the game they're working on isn't getting any attention and they have no fanbase whatsoever. Despite how risky that sounds, you wouldn't even be working with them and you're not even getting revenue share from their game. You're working with EliteGamesIndustries and getting revenue share from his fangame of WillingShade Studios' game.

You'd be silly to work for revenue share on Grimore: Vengeance. You'd be extra silly to work for revenue share on its fan game.

ceosol

If someone wants to work on the game, I see no reason to call them silly. If they expected to get rich off of it, yes that would be a little silly.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 01:52:46 pm by ceosol »

irock

I was just reacting to how EGI pitched it to me in IRC: some sort of foolproof way to make lots of money.

irock

Also I was trying to bring to light information that may not be immediately evident to everyone so they can make a more informed decision.

Alexin

Grimoire makes more sense.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

UPDATE:

Here are some samples of the dialogue with voices.
Demon Shade: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xztz1g7mbz1kxk5/DEMON_SCRIBE_5.mp3?raw=1
Player: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kkehjqmjg7dj8s6/PLAYER_8.mp3?raw=1
Templar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/526x04ezbrwxgu6/TEMPLAR_2.mp3?raw=1

Here are three sounds also, they are attached below.

I am still looking for a Stencyler Developer, we can do revenue share!

colburt187

There is like 11 people on this project already? don't do this game for a revenue share, because your going to get a very small percentage of 0. Do the game because you want to make a game and be part of a project.

I still feel the scope of this is far to big and it will be a miracle if it gets finished, but I hope you prove me wrong.

ceosol

Do the game because you want to make a game and be part of a project.

I completely agree. This game sounds like it would be an enjoyable project to work on, but not a big money maker. If I only had a couple of projects on my plate, I would have joined simply to have some fun.