Fallout 4

irock

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GE2BkLqMef4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GE2BkLqMef4</a>

Jorj

very good news indeed.... but the bad one is that Elder Scrolls VI will be postponed...

gdog105

Lol fallout is king of the world elder scrolls will have to wait

irock

You can pre-purchase it now :
http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/

that might be a good idea in case steam runs out of copies

rrzl

Lol. Isn't pre-purchase usually way cheaper than the release price? No?

irock

$59.99 is standard retail price

Alexin

A pre-purchase does not imply a cheaper price, or anything else but an actual purchase. It may, and usually does, increase your chances to get the item before those who didn't purchase earlier.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

irock

I can understand pre-purchasing if you get to download the game before launch and play at midnight, but you should at least wait until close to the game's launch, when you've seen gameplay footage and heard more about the game

that said, I did pre-purchase a physical copy of GTA V, but I got a kifflom shirt with it 8)

ceosol

I don't really play AAA games any more since game deving. Give pretty much anybody 100 million dollars and a team of 200 highly trained workers and a AAA game would be made.

Give an indie developer $1000 and something pretty awesome could come out of it. AAA companies need to hire indie developers and give them free reign to make anything they want. :)

Holy crap it's real! The long awaited!

Moments before I clicked this thread, I thought it was a Stencyl-collaborated Fallout 4 xP

irock

I don't really play AAA games any more since game deving. Give pretty much anybody 100 million dollars and a team of 200 highly trained workers and a AAA game would be made.

Give an indie developer $1000 and something pretty awesome could come out of it. AAA companies need to hire indie developers and give them free reign to make anything they want. :)

it's not that independent game designers are better than AAA ones, it's that "AAA designers" are often hindered by the companies who are funding their games, who are concerned about risk.

let's create a hypothetical company that's willing to fund incredibly innovative and unique games. naturally, if you're a member of a large team, you're more than likely going to have a diminished say in the game you're working on. you're, I dunno, an environmental artist, and you're doing the best job you can. the game flops. the company invested a lot of money in the game and in order to minimize their losses, you wind up getting laid off or the studio shuts down. it wasn't really your fault you lost your job. it happened because they didn't know how well the game was going to perform since there were no analytics to go off of because no games like it existed before. innovation is inherently risky, and the ramifications of that risk don't fall just on some corporate fat cats: it falls on the employees too.

independent game developers aren't having to worry about the livelihoods of others. most don't work full time or they have something to fall back on. it's more conducive of innovation. if you gave them full reign over a large team, suddenly they're responsible for other people. suddenly the risk has gone up dramatically.

irock

Holy crap it's real! The long awaited!

Moments before I clicked this thread, I thought it was a Stencyl-collaborated Fallout 4 xP

this was made in stencyl

ceosol

independent game developers aren't having to worry about the livelihoods of others. most don't work full time or they have something to fall back on. it's more conducive of innovation. if you gave them full reign over a large team, suddenly they're responsible for other people. suddenly the risk has gone up dramatically.

I didn't say give an indie dev 100 million and 200 employees. I just said that they should be hired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_skCXC9oVA