Super Dangerous Dungeons! [Dangerous Dungeons remake coming to iOS and Android]

Alexin

This dungeon looks great, I love the flames and the lava. I like Super Dangerous Dungeons, mainly if you manage to bring back the SNES nostalgia.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

AdventureIslands

I like it. Is Dangerous Dungeons 64 next? ;)

Maybe one beautiful day when I bother to sit down and learn to make 3D games :P I would actually want to make a 3D Dangerous Dungeons game someday that plays similar to the original PS1 Crash Bandicoot games.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:02:45 pm by AdventureIslands »

AdventureIslands

Here's the new Super Dangerous Dungeons logo and the title screen (wip)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 02:56:32 pm by AdventureIslands »

fillergames

Looks pretty nice. Actually, looks amazing.

I also think you could throw in a Dangerous Christmas remake as a festive DLC later on. Maybe just for kicks and giggles.

AdventureIslands

I finished the fire dungeon and that means all 3 original game's dungeons, secret levels and bosses are done. Next I need to work on the 4th dungeon with completely new levels. I would say the game is about 75% done. Thanks to the 4th dungeon, this might actually be my biggest game yet.

Here's some art from the finished fire dungeon, and the new boss design vs. the original game's one.

I also think you could throw in a Dangerous Christmas remake as a festive DLC later on. Maybe just for kicks and giggles.

I've been thinking the same, either add it as a bonus chapter later on, or just remake it and release it as separate game. We'll see. I look into this again closer to winter.

AdventureIslands

I've been working on the last dungeon of the game, the Golden Temple. This 4th dungeon was not in the original game, so every level is brand new. The temple consists of electric balls, lasers, and other ancient precursor technology. If they were stubborn enough to actually finish the original game, returning players have something to look forwards!

fillergames

@AdventureIslands

Dang that level looks hard.

Maybe you should make it so you need to play though a hard mode to unlock the level, the said hard mode re-arranges some stuff, so the player can  get a bit of replay value.

AdventureIslands

Just 3 regular levels, one secret level, and final boss to go!

I'm particulary proud how these laser cannons turned out. I've always wanted to make something like these.

Alexin

The shine effects are a nice touch.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

AdventureIslands

Game is nearing the completition, I still need to do couple more cutscenes, final boss, end credits, time trial mode and some final polish, then I can start looking into releasing the game. Hopefully I have the game finished during this month.

At the end of the final dungeon, you encounter enormous door. You need to gather crystals from 4 hidden levels spread around the dungeon to open the door and reach the end of the game. Near the door you will also find murals that hint where the entrances to the secret levels are located at.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:12:12 am by AdventureIslands »

hendriza01

Love the art style, looks great :)

AdventureIslands

Super Dangerous Dungeons has been submitted for Apple's review! Lets hope there won't be any issues. I'm aiming to release the game somewhere mid November, so get hype!

doczal

All the best, dude! Had fun with Tiny Dangerous Dungeons, so I'm sure this game will be a success too!

Alexin

"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com