Rough Concept - Party Action Game

GameDev408

This game is definitely going to take home grand prize! :D

ceosol

Its not much to look at, but man diagonal gesture controls are not easy to wrap your brain around :D

ceosol

Ok, it was worth the trouble. It may just be me, but I think this looks pretty cool.

ceosol

I wasted the little time I had yesterday exploring an idea Tuo gave me. If I based the gesture off of delta theta (change in angle) instead of a 20 pixel hitbox, I could include arcing gestures. I got it up to the point of tracing the arcs, but the angles were coming out strange. Theoretically, any clockwise motion should produce positive angles in relation to the prior angle. This did work for the majority of points, but it would randomly start hitting negative angles. So I am tabling that for a later date.

Good news is I started being able to determine damage rolls off of the power levels of each first swipe. To really emphasize the differences in testing, I have 5x, 15x, 50x and 200x multipliers for damage. The 4-man combo is a little absurd since it can hit 50,000 damage while a single person attack is around 20 damage. I'll need to adjust those or make combos harder to obtain. :)

Unfortunately, the damage is only tallied if you release after the first or second swipe (regardless of combo). I need to figure out where to place other damage identifiers. I also want to identify the attacking hero since the attacks should be specific to each hero. Too much to get done and so little time to do it.

GameDev408

Sounds like some really complicated stuff there, Ceosol! I cannot wait to see it in action!

ceosol

Was toying around with the blob and wanted to post a gif. Since there is so much left to do on this and very little time to do it, I was thinking about ways to streamline it. The easiest way would be to take out the overworld portion and just have them run through a scene fighting stuff.