PROBLEM: not showing achievements/leaderboard

piggaruolo

My problem is:
  -i have a button for the log in: the login seems to work fine (the icon appears e there are no errors messages)
 - then i have a "show achievements" button but when i click on it (after login) nothing happen

I TRIED:
-using the  "if Connection to google play estabilished" show achievements--->nothing
-tried "if Connection to google play estabilished" hide sprite (for my button)---> sprite is still showing
    (so i think that the play games connection is not working fine)
[edit]: tried to test with an exported build--->nothing :(

so i need some help please :) thanks!

« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:29:52 am by piggaruolo »

choppedupmonkey

I am having the same problem as piggarulo.

I have changed the code around a lot and messed with it initializing at the beginning of the game, and when the button is clicked.

I think i have tried every possible way to get Google play games to initialize, and it still doesnt work.

I have talked to 2 other people who have the same problem and they have messed with the code to.

I have no clue about this. Is it a new update to the blocks that require something else? I mean, i have enabled it with the id in the settings, put the blocks there, and set it up in the google play dev console and published.

Could this be a bug?

If anybody gets it to work, could they let me know how they got it to work, and if not maybe this could be a bug?

Thanks so much.
Jason

IF YOU ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, PLEASE POST AS WELL.
My name is Jason, I live in America, and I am 18 years old

"Focus more on the product than profit, for the profit will come after the product." -Me

piggaruolo

Please is there someone who menaged to display google leaderbord or achievement?  Or someone who can help us?

zzaann

why not to use newgrounds leaderboard? Google's is better but if you can't do it, use newground's

letmethink

why not to use newgrounds leaderboard? Google's is better but if you can't do it, use newground's
New grounds is only for flash. That's why.
~Letmethink

piggaruolo

Yes i know there are many Kind of leaderbord but i Just want To integrate The google one :)

choppedupmonkey

Could we get a bump? I don't think it's coincidence and we both suck at coding logic. Is there something were missing?
My name is Jason, I live in America, and I am 18 years old

"Focus more on the product than profit, for the profit will come after the product." -Me

Maniacus

Have you published the game to the store as beta or alpha testing? It has to be one of those to test the leaderboards. Also if your game has been published to production and are adding the leaderboards in a update, you can't add them.

piggaruolo

really? i only have set up some achievements but the game is not on the play store. i don't even uploaded it to the developer console. i've only created the play game side of the game which i will link the game to :(
i'll try to publish my game with an alpha version! thanks for your help :)

Maniacus

Your welcome. You also have to make sure you set up the Google play services for the game inside the console. Read everything very carefully. There's little question marks and links to explain everything you will see.

piggaruolo

It has not worked :(