Tabs stay highlighted in the UI

oripessach

I noticed that with version 3.3 (and 3.3.1) tabs stay highlighted when I switch between them.  See the attached screen capture.

I'm running java version 1.8.0_45 (64 bit) on a Mac.

Donni11

Doesn't happen to me . Can you please post your logs ?
Peace

oripessach

Sure.  The last thing I did right before generating the logs was to open a behavior and click a few tabs  in sequence.

Donni11

Okay I'm going to take a look at the logs .
Peace

oripessach

oripessach

Any news on that? It's pretty annoying.

Donni11

Okay , sorry for taking so long. Here is the error :
Code: [Select]
stencyl.sw.editors.snippet.designer.Group: Couldn't create block from xml tag: custom-59
I've seen 2 error's like this recently.  What is the name of the behavior ?   There's a chance Stencyl deleted one of its custom blocks in the newer versions .
Peace

oripessach

I'm not sure which behavior it is you're asking about.  Are you saying that a deleted custom block might be causing the UI issues?

Donni11

Yes , but the deleted block was deleted by Stencyl.  Also I'm taking about the behavior you opened before you clicked the tabs .
Peace

oripessach

They all do that. I just checked and I can make it happen while editing a scene behavior named "Utilities" with only one custom block in it.

It also happens if I create a brand new actor behavior, name it test, and start clicking the tabs - so the behavior is empty.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 07:08:12 pm by oripessach »

rrzl

Happened to me a couple of times, few months ago. I got a feeling it have to do with Java.
I was using v8 update 45 (64 bit) at the time, after I update it to v8 update 51 (64 bit) hasn't had it happen again even once.
In my case the left Tabs under the Dashboard (Resources/Logic) stay highlighted (I can make all of them stay highlighted at once).

Update your Java, and see if that fix it. I'm using windows 7 by the way. And maybe update your Stencyl to the latest private build too, if you haven't done so.

oripessach

I'm running v8 update 51, and it's still happening.

rrzl

You sure, Stencyl is running Java v8 update 51? Not the one that comes supplied with Stencyl (v6 update 31) ?
If I run Stencyl from the launcher it will use the one in "Stencyl\runtimes\jre-win" rather than the one installed on my system, unless I run it from a custom ".bat" file or delete and replace the one in the "Stencyl\runtimes\jre-win" folder with the latest one.

If you are running the latest Java, there's probably something else thats pretty buggy on the Mac side.
Might want to try different version of Java instead (6? 7?).

oripessach

The Mac version doesn't seem to include a JRE.

However, it does seem like I have two Java environments installed on my system. Strangely enough, Stencyl is using the right version (51) but the java executable on my path is version 45. It's possible that some of the jar files are mixed up. I'll try to clean that up later, and see if that helps.

Thanks!