Experimental game , possible with stencyl?

airman4

Hi!
it's a serious business, a serious question

I'll expose a part of a experimental game i want to create after star & light and such

This game is not about saving a princess or killing maximal dudes or about a dude who runs like a crazy mad man and jumps all the time

This game could have one action button just.

This game could be a platformer or whatever

It's more an adventure for me

so the concept
You play a spirit (could change later) who needs to reach a certain point to end the game.
This spirit have no forms or no body in the beginning and will possess people and animals/insects to reach the point he wants.
So that's it , the gameplay is about playing different characters by possessing them , when you possess them , you ARE them ,

think the car you possess in GTA games , it's the same concept but here you possess animals, humans , fishes, sharks , everythings would be alive in my game

Since my friend told me it could be a NIGHTMARE to programm it , i was wondering if actually it was possible.

I want to start a game with a town , a forest , a river
The town could have 10 people animations different /forest 10 sepcies and lac 10 fishes type
this kind of numbers.

I could put some secret artefacts to push players to explore and get achievements.

so what you think?
It's do-able?
what should i start to think?
Personnaly i wonder how i could make a behavior possession , meaning see the guy we  want possess , possess him and them plying him with all his caracteristics.

I'll make basic IA and basics drawings since it could be already BIG (maybe impossible)

Wingless

Despite the work effort which of course is irrelevant, it should definitely be possible. When your player pushes whatever possessing button on the actor, (play possessing animation) kill self, make last collided actor Player.

I'm new to stencyl and game making but pretty good with logic in general so a community member can tell me if my suggestion works or not, at least the basis of it.

I played a game that revolved around being a thing and you solve puzzle type levels by possessing things too, but it was limited and pretty easy but interesting, like one made you jump high, one made you be able to push blocks, one made you jet pack, one made you shoot guns etc etc and it was puzzle based.

ImWithStupid

Despite the work effort which of course is irrelevant, it should definitely be possible. When your player pushes whatever possessing button on the actor, (play possessing animation) kill self, make last collided actor Player.

I'm new to stencyl and game making but pretty good with logic in general so a community member can tell me if my suggestion works or not, at least the basis of it.

I played a game that revolved around being a thing and you solve puzzle type levels by possessing things too, but it was limited and pretty easy but interesting, like one made you jump high, one made you be able to push blocks, one made you jet pack, one made you shoot guns etc etc and it was puzzle based.

Something similar to that sounds about right to me, although I'm fairly new to Stencyl as well. :)