In search of a team

Marqness

Hello,

We are in search of a team to create some games. I know, I know seems like everyone is. We are extremely busy such as yourself, however, we are tapping into the gaming industry. In short, we're looking into investment ideas with our own ideas and would like to speed up the process of game developing. Here's the hard part, we have noticed several scams from here and want honest people. Also, you need to be from the USA. (For communication, legal and tax reasons). Now I will be the Project Manager. I'll take care of the overhead and some of the finances that may need to be placed, (ads, subscriptions, placement of games, legal issues).
We have research teams that seek out what games are for what market, and business plans for upcoming games. For now, we want to develop one game, and see where that takes us. If we like the team and the chemistry is there, then we can advance from first game and start creating the next. Keep in mind, there are millions of game apps.
We are a Christian based group and would like respectful individual's to look into this event. We're not asking you to "quit your day job", just offer your expertise until completion of the game. Then, if it works, again we'll take this to a whole new level.
The first game is (see picture) is a "war" based on planes, tanks and jeeps. It is highly recommended by young adolescents and adults, mostly men. We need to work on it to reach the female population as the game progresses. I can send the plans to the right individuals who agree to work on it.
People who are inquiring for the team, you need to have some experience. From animation artists, scene artists, developers, music, etc. If you're a newb, keep in touch, if this grows, then we can take in some newbs, to work on minor game projects.
Okay, compensation. I'll get to the point, you will receive nothing up front. Too many scams and hey, its the internet. We have a system that will be applied to the right individuals who want to help. Before signing on, we will discuss the percentage of profits the game will make once it is published. So, you help the team, once the game is published, as a team we keep track of the profits, if we agreed to give you 15% of the profits, then you get 15% of the profits monthly. Then better the game does, the more profit you make. That way it takes a team effort, we won't be scammed and we are all rewarded in a fair way. However, there will only be a select few to join this team. Once you join, we will be familiar with each other and begin the game. We will all communicate and discuss who does what, time table on projects to be completed, and ideas with confidence. I will also go into more detail about the team, company and games. Feel free to ask any questions or reply on this forum. Or you can send your questions/credentials to marqness@hotmail.com. Have a GREAT day and God bless!

Only 15% and do yall provide the art?

Marqness

You may have to read the post again. It is decided between the team member and the rest. 15% is a HUGE cut of profit. You'll see in the business world 2-3% of a whole profit is average. You need to understand that if five team members want a 15% cut, that leaves 25% to the overhead to use for not only profit, but expenses as well. Just FYI. If you read the post, we'll be searching for an artist. who and what depends on what our budget is at and what the overhead does to complete the team. Just send a msg to the email provided and we'll go from there. Thank you for inquiring and have a GREAT day!

GameDev408

I appreciate your need for legitimacy, but the same question can be asked from the developers' perspectives. How can we trust that you are not a scam? I have an optimistic view point & I usually trust the people online who I work with as I've only been scammed once. That said, it is always wise to take precautions. You mentioned that we won't be paid up front because of scams, but I do not see the significance of that statement. There are ways to be paid up front through sections of game creation. I'm not saying you should do this, but because the internet is so evil shouldn't be a reason to not being paid up front. Has your team developed any games or have anything to show for the developers? You mentioned research teams that look for the monetization plans for the game. Who is this research team? Once again, I appreciate your need for legitimacy from the developers, but your team should also provide why you won't scam us. Just my $0.02.

koopke

There's tons of relevant information missing here like who are you? whats your background?
do you have some old projects or some early experience?

usually when asking people to invest on something without getting prepaid it is common to show some receipts

good luck with your project anyway :)

merrak

Why would anybody want to join this? What's the vision? There's very little incentive to join, and the description of the one game is vague at best. Are you looking for anybody that you can get? That doesn't suggest management has any sense of direction.

Quote from: marqness
I know, I know seems like everyone is.

So, what makes you stand out?

Quote from: marqness
I will also go into more detail about the team, company and games.

So far, all I see is that whoever signs up for this will make 15% of the profits of a vaguely defined project, and receive nothing up front. The team, company, and games would be the reason to join. Why was this left out of the initial post?

Maybe this team will be the next Rovio. But there's nothing to suggest the possibility. If you want people to help you for profit share, then you have to show some of the cards you're holding. Nobody wants a 15% cut of zero.

Marqness

I agree with you 100%. I personally have been scammed several times. Ebay, Craigslist, Nextech, to name a few. My problem is that I used to trust people being with a Christian background. Now my trust is dwindled down to a very few. Once the team is selected and we can all visit at once and brainstorm, laugh, have fun (break the ice) it can go from there. I'm actually the one making the biggest risks on this. No one will ever see the legitimacy and those who do, will be rewarded for it. Tons of fish, just gotta find the right ones. I don't blame those who do not want to be a part of it, I completely understand.
To answer your other post, the tons of relevant information is disclosed for personal emails and other communication devices. I do not disclose anything unless deemed necessary. All someone has to do is ask on the emails. However I won't and don't have the time to answer questions that doesn't regard to the project itself. If it is the right candidate, he/she will be shown the business plan and ideas. Their name will be on the game, it is a team effort. It wouldn't be very smart for someone to disclose too much information that can used to hurt him or her via internet. We're blessed to have a choice to make. Thank you for granting us the good luck! Have a GREAT day.

Marqness

Please read the posts. It reads as an example of 15%. We will sign no one until we both parties agree on terms. Please respond to posts in a beneficial way to the audience, not an argument or personal opinions. We are very excited to get this underway! Have a GREAT day!

GameDev408

My problem is that I used to trust people being with a Christian background. Now my trust is dwindled down to a very few.

What if I'm not Christian?

rob1221

So you're offering revenue share for an unknown project in an unknown and possibly brand new team led by an unknown and possibly inexperienced project manager.  Newbies might be interested, but you only want experienced devs in the USA.  Good luck with that one.

Marqness

Isn't that awesome, revenue for an unknown project!
Sorry you'll have to read the first post a little slower. Again, please don't respond to posts with negative personal opinions. I don't have the time to address such posts.
Have a GREAT day!

ceosol

So you're offering revenue share

The revenue share was just an example.

I'm actually the one making the biggest risks on this.

I was actually interested in applying for the job until I read this. The revenue share was just an example, but we do not know anything about your company. We do not know anything about you. We would be the ones taking all of the risk, because right now it seems like you want to have a game made for free.

- If you do not want to tell us about your company in a public forum, that is fine. But please at least show some screenshots of work your group has performed. It is unfair to have us provide you personal information without you providing us any information. What other aspects are you looking for in the game? Multiplayer? 2D/2.5D/3D? Social networking?

- If revenue sharing at 15% was just one example of payment, please provide other examples of payment. Will you be utilizing an outside resource so that the contractor will be able to see the payments being funded before spending the time working on your projects?

rob1221

I don't have the time to address such posts.
I guess you don't have the time to find a good developer then.

Marqness

You're right. We all are taking risks.
The company will be brand new with the new team. Its not going to be a "mine" concept. Everyone will have their part in the company and its a team effort. I simply stated a Project Manager in case everyone wanted to know my role. I've already responded to email stating and answering questions about what I would do specifically.
     My role (for now) is to provide details of games, encourage teamwork with each other, provide the overhead needed to work effectively, provide some financial stability (financial planner, game publishing, etc), work legal issues, and more. Please understand I'm not going to "lead" per se, I want us all to be in the ship of success and us to sail on as a team. I am a very humble person and together, can make this a reality. I can't make this all work without you and others help. if a developer needs something from me or an artist, I can do my best to get what they need so we can keep working together. As soon as we get the right people together, the "company" with every team members name will be on it, and the logo/name will be selected and we move forward. If we're blessed with success together as a team, we move forward as a team and it could grow into something big, then you may have to quit your "day job" *smiles* Of course you have a choice, that the beauty of it.
I do want to thank you for the responses. I know I can't make everyone happy, once its set we'll find ways to get what the team needs. From finances to time spent. Again, feel free to send an email if you have questions. Have a GREAT day! My wife and kids are taking me out for dinner, lol. Hope everyone enjoys their Father's day. I'll respond later.

Marqness

So you're offering revenue share

The revenue share was just an example.

I'm actually the one making the biggest risks on this.

I was actually interested in applying for the job until I read this. The revenue share was just an example, but we do not know anything about your company. We do not know anything about you. We would be the ones taking all of the risk, because right now it seems like you want to have a game made for free.

- If you do not want to tell us about your company in a public forum, that is fine. But please at least show some screenshots of work your group has performed. It is unfair to have us provide you personal information without you providing us any information. What other aspects are you looking for in the game? Multiplayer? 2D/2.5D/3D? Social networking?

- If revenue sharing at 15% was just one example of payment, please provide other examples of payment. Will you be utilizing an outside resource so that the contractor will be able to see the payments being funded before spending the time working on your projects?

Well, if we can work it out, you tell us what you want for payment(s). I can't show receipts because this is new. I sincerely apologize.