A couple of Stencyl questions

mejon

I have a couple of questions to determine whether I’ll use Stencyl.

1. Can you use ads in the apps you create? e.g admob

2. Is it free to make and publish with no royalties?

3. How long does it take to learn Stencyl for a beginner?

4. What language does Stencyl use, or how are games in Stencyl created?

5. How long does it take to make your first game?

6. To create games with Stencyl do you have the option of just coding it, or can you create visually without needing to enter lines of code?

merrak

1. Yes
2. No royalties. Free to publish to web, $199 yearly for full publishing (mobile, etc.), $99 for just PC/Mac/Linux
3. Depends on your programming background, and how well you make use of the learning resources that are out there (books, YouTube videos, etc.)
4. Haxe is the internal language.
5. Depends on the scope of the project. I'd suggest avoiding diving into something too big, since even a simple game will take time.
6. While I think the claim that you can make games without coding is true, I haven't seen too many people in the community forums stick to only the behaviors that are shipped. It's relatively easy to dive right into the programming side of development, but new programmers sometimes underestimate how much skill there is to acquire. If you're new to programming in general, stick to a small project at first. Build up your confidence and experience, then tackle something larger.

You can code in raw Haxe if you want. Stencyl seems to target a pretty wide spectrum of programming level.

Photon

6. While I think the claim that you can make games without coding is true, I haven't seen too many people in the community forums stick to only the behaviors that are shipped.
Just to clarify for the OP, though, there is a big difference between the visual behavior building and hard coding. If you are speaking about avoiding only the latter, than yes, I'd say its definitely possible to avoid coding.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!