Spotlight In/Out, can I select where the spotlight does the thing?

MichaelPel

When you transition between scenes, there is an option "spotlight" which creates a shrinking circle outside which everything is black. It's almost perfect for what I need. Almost. It always shrinks in the center of the screen. Is it possible to set X, Y coordinates for it? Or have a makeshift way to achieve the same effect? Thank you!

ETHproductions

Is this what you're looking for?

<a href="https://www.dropbox.com/s/geodt72o7hjaplm/Spotlight%20Out%20Test.swf?raw=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.dropbox.com/s/geodt72o7hjaplm/Spotlight%20Out%20Test.swf?raw=1</a>
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

MichaelPel

Yes this is absolutely perfect..!
How did you do this?

ETHproductions

I used a Drawing event to manually draw the effect onto the screen. Attached is a screenshot of the code, and the .stencyl file I used to test it. One of the blocks is from the Drawing Utilities extension, so if you don't have it installed, you'll need to install it before opening the .stencyl file.
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

MichaelPel

After looking at the screenshot forever I realized I need a custom block but how do I add the custom properties to it in the name section thing like you did? (The orange bit with XY Time)

MichaelPel

Thank you so much!

MichaelPel

I'm having trouble getting this to work. Once I trigger the spotlight, Everything goes black instantly

letmethink

Please post your code
~Letmethink

MichaelPel

Copypasted from the example. Of course, made the custom block and dragged the required X, Y and TIME elements where they belong. I trigger the event the same way as in the example file.
EDIT: Might the issue be with some sort of problem when copypasting blocks from another project?
EDIT 2: Currently recreating the code in sample file from scratch

MichaelPel

Okay now that I recreated everything exactly like in screenshots / example file the screen doesn't do anything at all.

MichaelPel

I just found out that the example file doesn't work either.

letmethink

Did you install the drawing utils extension?
~Letmethink

MichaelPel

Yes, I have it. Installed it a long time ago for center-aligned text