Spotlight In/Out, can I select where the spotlight does the thing?

letmethink

Yes, I have it. Installed it a long time ago for center-aligned text

Okay, I just looked at it and it seems like ETH is using an updated unpublished version of the drawing utils extension (mean). Therefore, I just replaced his block with the equivalent of it in the latest version (right at the bottom):
~Letmethink

MichaelPel

Okay, now it seems to work. However, when setting the player's X Y values to x y center attributes, it looks like the circle's location is way outside the screen..? I have the exact same code as shown below, what could be the issue?

letmethink

Does your game have a moving camera? I presume you would have to take that into account. (Either adding or subtracting camera x and y)
~Letmethink

MichaelPel

If the actor is within camera range, and I set the X,Y why wouldn't it work? Or am I missing something really obvious?
EDIT: And yes, it has.

letmethink

I believe drawing is screen relative (not scene) so you need to add on the camera x and camera y.
~Letmethink

MichaelPel

I'm actually sort of confused right now. Without any camera adjustments, the spotlight does the thing BELOW the camera. Not sure how that's even possible. Adding the camera makes it go even more below

letmethink

What about subtracting the camera? I may not be thinking straight.
~Letmethink

MichaelPel

That seems to work. Sorry, and thank you! (I feel absolutely stupid for not thinking of that...)

ETHproductions

Sorry I wasn't able to get back to you. This weekend was CRAZY for me.

I didn't realize that I hadn't published the latest version of the extension. I will try to do so tomorrow. Some of my other extensions also deserve an update.

@letmethink: Thank you for helping in my absence!
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ETHproductions

The Drawing Utilities extension has now been updated. :)
Fontstruct - Stencyl - Website (in progress)

Proud Member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

MichaelPel

Sorry for bringing an old thread up. Everything works fine on flash. However, now that I've got a license and tried it on desktop, the screen goes instantly black. Is this flash only?

MichaelPel

Please help, nothing works