blank screen

Hectate

The error seems to read like it was a result of attaching an actor behavior to a scene... not sure how possible.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Alexin

I just checked the source code and it seems your guess is correct, Hectate.

Readerboy, that Drag And Drop behavior is for actors, isn't it? How did you attach it?
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

readerboy7

i honestly don't know. no offence, but could you please try to find and fix the bug by the next update? i will attempt to find it aswell.

Syauqi

Hi, I hope i'm visiting the right place to ask this.

I have a problem just like readerboy7, my game seems perfect in my laptop. it compiled successfully, generate the swf, and i try to run it on my laptop as offline (double cilcking the swf) and everything goes perfect, i could play several levels in the beginning. But after I host it. it just got blank screen.

Could it possible when I tried offline and working, and when I host it, it got blank screen? If that so, could it probably because the sitelocked inside stencyl which runs and block my games to run in a certain sites? I host it on FGL.

I see the date of the last post here, it seems a while. probably someone already has a clue for it? please help. this is my first game, maybe i just simply miss something here.

Thanks guys, you're all so helpfull to readerboy7.great team.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:10:40 am by Syauqi »

coleislazy

I have a problem just like readerboy7, my game seems perfect in my laptop. it compiled successfully, generate the swf, and i try to run it on my laptop as offline (double cilcking the swf) and everything goes perfect, i could play several levels in the beginning. But after I host it. it just got blank screen.

Could it possible when I tried offline and working, and when I host it, it got blank screen? If that so, could it probably because the sitelocked inside stencyl which runs and block my games to run in a certain sites? I host it on FGL.

I see the date of the last post here, it seems a while. probably someone already has a clue for it? please help. this is my first game, maybe i just simply miss something here.

It wouldn't be the sitelock code. If that kicked in, it would display a message about playing the game at Stencyl.com instead. The reason it is working in the Flash player and not online is probably because the player is more lenient to errors, whereas browsers will usually stop a Flash movie when it hangs or tries to do something it shouldn't.

We would probably have to see your game (not the compiled SWF, but the StencylWorks files) to figure out what is wrong. I'm guessing you don't want to post it publicly, so you could zip up the game's directory and host it somewhere (Dropbox is great for this), then PM me a link to download it. I'll be able to take a look at it tomorrow.

Syauqi

It wouldn't be the sitelock code. If that kicked in, it would display a message about playing the game at Stencyl.com instead. The reason it is working in the Flash player and not online is probably because the player is more lenient to errors, whereas browsers will usually stop a Flash movie when it hangs or tries to do something it shouldn't.

We would probably have to see your game (not the compiled SWF, but the StencylWorks files) to figure out what is wrong. I'm guessing you don't want to post it publicly, so you could zip up the game's directory and host it somewhere (Dropbox is great for this), then PM me a link to download it. I'll be able to take a look at it tomorrow.

yes coleislazy. i send you pm. thanks for help.

captaincomic

The error seems to read like it was a result of attaching an actor behavior to a scene... not sure how possible.
It's been reported before, and it seems the fix is on the way
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,6436.0.html

Syauqi

Just found out that the thing caused the blank screen is because the encryption. I encrypt my game before, but after i remove the encryption it hasn't blank again.

thanks all for the help.