Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Multiplayer Extensions Resource List

SadiQ

I think the best way to go about it is to download about 10 or 20 scores at a time in chunks, usually starting where the player is and allowing the option to download the next/previous chunk.

If I'd want to see my score I'd want to see me(preferably in the middle of the list), a few other players above and below me, and I'd probably want to know how far away I am from the first/last place.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

RulezTeam

hi mdotedot,

yes, my idea is to get about 50 scores before my score and as SadiQ says it's good to know the first .
I think that 50 is a good solution, but as SadiQ says download chucks is a good idea too.

So, what's do you think about it? Is it possible to create a block ? is it simple ?

Thank you mdotedot for your support.

mdotedot

Hi RulezTeam,

Today I worked on the implementation. I've encountered some problems relating the combination of text,number and time lists.
Also I think it is not something that most people need, so I made an extension seperately from the ' base ' extension.

RulezTeam Scoreboard
* ScoreIndicator
* new score.php for your server (or you can use mine from the free-server)

All the blocks are the same and I added one extra block with which you can get a list that include the previous and next scores of a ' base '  score.

So if your player scored 2300 points you can use that score (2300 ) in the block.
The list will contain the scores before and after the limit-number of items.

Check if you can use this. If not I have to think harder but I spend about 4 to 5 hours already and I fear it will become a too large impact on the code that is there already.

Hopefully it wil be sufficient. We will see.
Best regards from
M.E.
Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

RulezTeam

Thank you a lot mdotedot.
I'll test this mod asap.