Indies vs Gamers GameJolt Jam

letmethink

  • *
  • Posts: 2547
Okay, here is something. You can post scores or unlock trophies. I will improve on it further, but for anyone interested in this jam, this should be enough for now.
~Letmethink

Donni11

  • *
  • Posts: 2182
Is this supposed to be imported to the Engine Extension folder or the Extensions folder ?
Peace

letmethink

  • *
  • Posts: 2547
Settings -> Extensions -> Install extension
~Letmethink

Donni11

  • *
  • Posts: 2182
Should I leave the file as a zip or extract it to a normal file then import it ?
Peace

letmethink

  • *
  • Posts: 2547
Leave it as a .zip
~Letmethink

DarkWater5

  • Posts: 14
I imported the extension and seemed rather straightforward. Started a new game page on GameJolt to test it, and get the Game ID, Private key, and score Table ID, but nothing seemed to happen. Do you need to use more then the “initiate GameJolt” and the “Post score to GameJolt” just to get the scoreboard to work for the jam?
I’m testing it with the game in hidden mode, could that be part of the problem?

letmethink

  • *
  • Posts: 2547
I have a game working with hidden mode. Could you try drawing 'gameJolt is initialised' to the screen? You also must be loged into gamejolt for this to work and have the game on the gamejolt page as a build (but I presume you are).

If you want to test using the testing from within Stencyl, you must use the 'testing: init' block which you can add your username and usertoken.
~Letmethink

DarkWater5

  • Posts: 14
Ok… I did a few screen caps so you can see what I did and if I’m missing something.

I tried doing the initializing both ways in “Created” for the main scene. The screen cap also shows the GameJolt API extension blocks I have to use, just incase something didn’t import properly.

The second cap show the scene’s “Drawing”, plus what I get when I run it. As you can see, even though I’m using the “testing init” block, it still says no user name plus “GameJolt is Initialized” as false. Also, I tried testing/running it both in flash player and in Google Chrome.

And yes, I have a build uploaded to GameJolt, but it’s not published/unhidden.


letmethink

  • *
  • Posts: 2547
Do you mind sending me the game privately (I wouldn't share it) to see if I can get it working?
~Letmethink

DarkWater5

  • Posts: 14
I wouldn’t have a problem sending it to you, but to be honest, it’s not really even a game yet. I first wanted to see if I could even get the extension to work, so pretty much what you see here is almost all there is to it.

The first “Keyed” adds to the variable “Score” and the second “Keyed” subtracts from the “Score”. The third “Keyed” is as follows in the screen cap. That’s all the code there is to it. And it’s all under “Events” for the one and only scene.

If you want, I can PM you the ID and key for the game page to see if something is set up wrong there, but that still wouldn’t explain the “false” and “No user” when I run it locally?

letmethink

  • *
  • Posts: 2547
I'd rather simply see the game project so I can modify it and see if it is simply something wrong with your code or with the actual game project or extension.

However, if you do send me the gameID and privateKey I will have a go at connecting to it on my end.
~Letmethink

DarkWater5

  • Posts: 14
Ok... I never PM'd someone here, but I'll try PMing you the .stencyl file

DarkWater5

  • Posts: 14
Ok… here is the .stencyl file exactly as I compiled it with the exception of my User Name/ID being removed from the “testing : initiate” block.

BTW, am I the only one who seems to be having problems with using this extension on GameJolt?

letmethink

  • *
  • Posts: 2547
It didn't work for me the first time, but when I copied and replaced the values of your gameID and private key from the normal initialize block below, it started working so I presume you had accidentally copied a wrong number. I have left my game token in so you have the exact conditions, but I will change it soon so it will stop working.

(note, I'm running 3.3.1, so I'm not sure if it will work for you as I had to update the project format)

EDIT:
So I redownloaded yours and looked again and in the second block, you missed the 6 off the start of your private key. That is why it wasn't working.
~Letmethink

DarkWater5

  • Posts: 14
Hm... since it was such a long string of letters and numbers, I did a "Copy and Paste" into the code lines. Not sure how I could have messed that up :/