Acceleration: Jumping In The Deep End

GuerillaGrue

Guerilla

Nice to see another newcomer here. I don't have much to provide in the way of advice, as I'm just as green as you are with the platform. 

I can definitely attest to how outdated ALL of the tutorials are that I've found online. It's really come down to getting ideas from them, then digging into the blocks currently available to recreate the functionality in the tutorials a different way.

Anyhow, congrats on picking up Stencyl. Looking forward to what you've got coming out!

I'll be sure to check out your projects too! :D

GuerillaGrue

Update:

New program in the Humble Bundle for sprite creation! I'll be delving into it tonight to see if it can help to improve my work.

I ended up spending last night working on music rather than graphics or gameplay, but on the plus side of that I have a collection of 5 original chiptune-esque songs for the game that should serve me well.

GuerillaGrue

Update 7/21:

Not a lot of progress per se since my last post. Between work and other things (other things being ALL THE GAMES) my time spent on the project has mostly been dedicated to reading up on Stencyl itself and sprite work.

Goals for this week:
--Complete sprite sheet
--Institute acceleration/autoscrolling mechanics
--Institute collision mechanics