Begginer problem: error 1009

moschner

Hi,
Im still new to the program and just need a little guidance on what I need to do to get the error fixed. Its only little so hopefully its just a simple thing I keep missing

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
   at dialog.ext::DialogBase/setup()[C:\Users\lauramoschner\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/dialog/ext/DialogBase.hx:70]
   at dialog.core::DialogStyle/tieExtensionsToDialogBox()[C:\Users\lauramoschner\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/dialog/core/DialogStyle.hx:70]
   at dialog.core::DialogBox()[C:\Users\lauramoschner\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/dialog/core/DialogBox.hx:97]
   at dialog.core::Dialog$/cbCall()[C:\Users\lauramoschner\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\engine-extensions/dialog/src/dialog/core/Dialog.hx:117]
   at MethodInfo-6299()[Source/scripts/SceneEvents_5.hx:94]
   at com.stencyl.behavior::TimedTask/update()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/behavior/TimedTask.hx:48]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/update()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2340]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/postUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2584]
   at com.stencyl::Engine/onUpdate()[C:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/stencyl/1,00/com/stencyl/Engine.hx:2577]

Justin

Make sure that you have a "Style" in your data structures that's called "Default Style", or you specify the name of your style in the show dialog block.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

moschner

I tried that and still the error appeared. I don't know if maybe I chose the wrong option in the data extension?

Justin

It looks like your "Default Style" actually has two spaces in its name. It should be one.

Additionally, it seems like there's a bug in the way lists are handled, and the "Draw Order" list isn't saving properly. I'll look into this and get back to you.

moschner

thanks so much :) I also downloaded the newest version of the stencyl software and know the game wont generate

Justin

Do you have a file H:\.haxelib?

moschner

i have a lot of haxelib files but nothing in particular of .haxelib

Justin

Hey, sorry this took so long, but I think I finally figured out why it wasn't working.

If you type the following into a command prompt, what's the response for each one? (You can copy here and right-click for a paste option in the command prompt.)

1) set HOMEDRIVE
2) set HOMEPATH
3) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\haxelib.exe" setup "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib"

What about these three?

1) set HOMEDRIVE=C:
2) set HOMEPATH=\Users\lauramoschner
3) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\haxelib.exe" setup "C:\Program Files (x86)\Stencyl\plaf\haxe\lib"

Justin

This should be fixed in the latest release.