Easy way to develop games!!!

chongyunxiang

Does anyone know where I can buy music that's already composed for you but you just change the instruments and resell it as if it were something original?

I'm from the music industry and I know this well. Don't believe others when they tell you that it's legal. You can't change instruments and resell it. It's under copyright infringement of intellectual property. Unless it's an arrangement that you recreated yourself. But you can't use any distinct melody in the arrangement.  General structure and arrangements of music is not copyrightable, but the melody in it is. So one way is to approach publishing houses and request for reproduction or mechanical rights (not buying from iTunes or other distribution platforms.)

Only ARRANGEMENTS can be copied, but ONLY when you recreate it yourself. If it's taking an official instrumental release, it's under reproduction rights, which is also suable. And when you copy an arrangement, you cannot use the melody in it. One example would be Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns and Roses. The guitar hook and solos in the arrangement are copyrighted, but the rest isn't.

So be very careful. Companies won't bother suing you if they won't make a profit out of it. But when you do, always remember this: When you get a hit, prepare for a writ.

irock

Does anyone know where I can buy music that's already composed for you but you just change the instruments and resell it as if it were something original?

I'm from the music industry and I know this well. Don't believe others when they tell you that it's legal. You can't change instruments and resell it. It's under copyright infringement of intellectual property. Unless it's an arrangement that you recreated yourself. But you can't use any distinct melody in the arrangement.  General structure and arrangements of music is not copyrightable, but the melody in it is. So one way is to approach publishing houses and request for reproduction or mechanical rights (not buying from iTunes or other distribution platforms.)

Only ARRANGEMENTS can be copied, but ONLY when you recreate it yourself. If it's taking an official instrumental release, it's under reproduction rights, which is also suable. And when you copy an arrangement, you cannot use the melody in it. One example would be Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns and Roses. The guitar hook and solos in the arrangement are copyrighted, but the rest isn't.

So be very careful. Companies won't bother suing you if they won't make a profit out of it. But when you do, always remember this: When you get a hit, prepare for a writ.
I apologize. I was being satirical. I find pleasure in writing my own music and making my own games.

chongyunxiang

I apologize. I was being satirical. I find pleasure in writing my own music and making my own games.

I was just trying to help. I think we could have a thread to educate all of us on the copyright laws for intellectual properties! So we can better protect ourselves from any infringement when we release our games. Even now, I'm still trying to find articles about this and reading up on the law.  I don't know much about the game side apart from the Scenes A Faire part, so it'll be awesome if someone wrote a post about this!