Can't launch Stencyl Windows 10 - Java error

EliteSpartan

Reinstalled Stencyl twice now with the same error.  Appears o be something with Java but it is now up to date. It just hangs up immediately after launching the program.  Other suggestions?

captaincomic

I cannot open your logs files. Could you upload them again, or upload the latest from your workspace/logs folder?

EliteSpartan

I have attached the zip again, plus the latest one separately.  Thanks. 

EliteSpartan

Have you had a chance to review these logs?  Still thinking it has to do with Java so I will try removing previous versions and starting with a new install of Java 8.

Jon

Usually, Java is culprit, but it appears that something else is the cause. Part of it seems to be a bad extension that's blocking the app from loading (we really need to change this so extensions don't block the app from loading).

The part that really bugs me is the "Bad Line" stuff - I've never seen that before and do not know why it's loading garbage characters.

Code: [Select]
2015-10-04 00:13:45,073 WARN  [AWT-EventQueue-0] stencyl.sw.util.Loader: Bad line : 'Ô·ÓuœB^P?uCÌˇˆ™—∏f˚œö?aZ?/Ûb±fÖÎ0Ê8ˆŒ‰≤›ß£±rÇw#õa§≈Ñ[E6∂?Q÷3∫:Ö¨#Í}ëˆouÊüüÿ
2015-10-04 00:13:45,073 WARN  [AWT-EventQueue-0] stencyl.sw.util.Loader: Bad line : '‡
2015-10-04 00:13:45,073 WARN  [AWT-EventQueue-0] stencyl.sw.util.Loader: Bad line : 'SKÁoJÇ›ÿˆßÈ?Ø?JŸ?ÉkúŸø∞ò⁄Ü^¬8†[û‘⁄7fiJ…˚§–∆ÄÙò~
2015-10-04 00:13:45,073 WARN  [AWT-EventQueue-0] stencyl.sw.util.Loader: Bad line : ' 3È›bï'Í|ÜıXy˚*bÖ™jV„òH_ªL˝gıÒp0Î#i{ÒÚîk˜àÆ´^hs< 1Œg?»–:DÿàV~{:›˝uØ<,¶ ˇŸé˙8[6m‡[∞éKÕ£ÑJ7:È∂€˜ñä?Bl˘"Xy∏Ë#˜G{ú˛Cî<¿?∆!ÎFq*ÍÿûÔÙöô0ìÀ+<Ìô€ªRZk!HãxZ@ƒaÌfl¥·sG≈&±C√ÀLæc"5R0∏ô≥4Œ65v?ÒÁ^WØ√`»_j1Ïg]B¶sπ-Ä—CÚ¢d?√ˇÁQ.©u˚ H *u;π
2015-10-04 00:13:45,073 WARN  [AWT-EventQueue-0] stencyl.sw.util.Loader: Bad line : 'K[IÔ∫OET3PÉ≤≠¬–D[Àå≥QuR7˝…æ
2015-10-04 00:13:45,073 ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] root: Unexpected problem on thread AWT-EventQueue-0: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at stencyl.sw.editors.game.advanced.EngineExtension.load(EngineExtension.java:49)
at stencyl.sw.editors.game.advanced.EngineExtensionManager.loadExtensions(EngineExtensionManager.java:62)
at stencyl.sw.SW.showWindow(SW.java:674)
at stencyl.sw.SW.access$100(SW.java:135)
at stencyl.sw.SW$1.run(SW.java:222)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

captaincomic

(Okay, those garbage chars made my editor refuse to open the files. Found a way to open them now.)

I guess the "Bad lines" are coming from the new ExtensionRepository (which also uses the Loader.putLinesIntoMap() method).

EliteSpartan, do you have any extensions besides the default ones installed?

EliteSpartan

Okay.  I just have the default extensions as far as I can tell, nothing has been altered but where can I look to verify this?   Last night I deleted all previous versions of java and reinstalled the latest Java 8 but so far no changes. 

EliteSpartan

Stencyl is still refusing to launch.  I will look through the extensions to see if anything else is installed but I did not install any new ones.  Is there something that would remain after I removed Stencyl or a way to reset to default without loading it since I cannot get it to launch?

captaincomic

You could try deleting your workspace (make a backup of it first, it contains your games!)

EliteSpartan

Thanks.  I tried this also but the error is still there.  I was finally able to get stencyl to run by installing the stable version 3.2, however the error is still there.  I can compile games just fine but wondering why it still persists. Here are my current logs. 

captaincomic

It's a different error now. A PNG file is missing. Try putting a PNG file in this location: '/Users/alejandroberenguergarcia/stencylworks/games/Eternal Love/resources/45.png'
Code: [Select]
2015-12-14 10:54:56,684 ERROR [pool-1-thread-22] stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.HXWriter: Source '/Users/alejandroberenguergarcia/stencylworks/games/Eternal Love/resources/45.png' does not exist
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Source '/Users/alejandroberenguergarcia/stencylworks/games/Eternal Love/resources/45.png' does not exist