Will not test game for Windows

solomon

Every time i try to test my game for Windows is says it can not build game, here is my log

Please help!

captaincomic

Code: [Select]
2015-10-07 13:28:53,992 INFO  [Thread-12] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [neko]  - Compiling src/sys/io/FileOutput.cpp : cl.exe -Iinclude -nologo -O2 -DHX_WINDOWS -D_USING_V140_SDK71_ -GR -Oy- -c -EHs -GS- -arch:SSE "-IC:/Program Files (x86)/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/hxcpp/hxcpp/include" -DHXCPP_VISIT_ALLOCS -DHXCPP_API_LEVEL=321 -D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE -D_ALLOW_MSC_VER_MISMATCH -D_ALLOW_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL_MISMATCH -DHX_WIN_MAIN -wd4996 -Ie:/VS8//PlatformSDK/Include -MT ./src/sys/io/FileOutput.cpp "-FoC:/Users/School-PC/AppData/Roaming/Stencyl/stencylworks/games-generated/Flower Power/Export/windows/cpp/obj/obj/msvc-ncxp/de19829f_FileOutput.obj"
2015-10-07 13:28:54,001 INFO  [Thread-12] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [neko] Process creation failure : cl.exe
2015-10-07 13:28:54,029 DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] stencyl.sw.util.Util: Process 'neko' exited with code: 1

It's probably a problem with your Visual Studio. Try reinstalling it.
You can also try the suggestions given here: http://community.openfl.org/t/windows-c-process-creation-failure-cl-exe/1135

jsblack

Every time i try to test my game for Windows is says it can not build game, here is my log

Please help!

I also had this error. I reinstalled visual studio and it worked fine. Note that it takes about 3 or 4 times as long for a game to compile to an EXE than for SWF.

TheIndieStation

Only the first compile takes that long ;)

solomon

Reinstalling visual studio now.

captaincomic

Did that solve it for you?

solomon

captaincomic

Another user said that downloading the latest Visual Studio Express for Desktop fixed it for him.
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-express-vs.aspx -> Express for Desktop

Please try that and let us know if it works for you as well.

solomon

I am re-downloading it for c# purposes anyways let you know when it is finished

solomon

Visual Studio is messed up every time i try to download it

captaincomic

What do you mean by "messed up"?

solomon

It gives me an error when i try to open it

cutsdbz

I have the same problem, stencyl downloaded Visual Studios community 2015. I restart the application and test in Windows and I get the error to check forum.

Minimo

I have a similar error:

Code: [Select]
2016-01-29 12:42:45,712 INFO  [Thread-13] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [haxelib.exe] Process creation failure : cl.exe
2016-01-29 12:42:45,759 DEBUG [pool-1-thread-1] stencyl.sw.util.Util: Process 'haxelib.exe' exited with code: 1
2016-01-29 12:42:45,759 ERROR [pool-1-thread-1] stencyl.sw.io.write.resource.HXWriter: Failed: Running Standalone (windows). (Return code: 1)

In a hurry and need this game built quickly.
I tried the build of VS included with Stencyl, and also this:
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/visual-studio-express-vs.aspx -> Express for Desktop
Neither has worked so far.
Also tried to edit PATH environment variable, as posted on Haxe site, and no luck.

By the way,  this exact game works very well on Mac desktop.   8)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:10:44 am by Minimo »

Vectrex71

Same her :-(

- Flash Build works
- Windows does not :-(

I have uninstalled Visual Studio and installed it via Stencyl again but, same error !

Any ideas ?