Reviving Battle City

Nikkita31

Hellllloooo Guys.

This is a right off the bat smashing game under renegade games because we are bored.  :o Not yet complete and art is tedious.

Play Game:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/32372

Keyboard arrow keys -move
Spacebar- Bang bang Fire.

-Renegade Games.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 12:23:56 am by Nikkita31 »

Nikkita31

Yo.

This stuff is really tiring but I want the crowded stuff.  :o The game has been updated. Sorry bout the lags..  :P

Play game:

-Renegade Games

merrak

Nice! The updated version seems smoother. I didn't notice any lag at all. Artwork looks great so far.

It would be nice if the taller buildings dropped some opacity if the tank went behind them. The purple building just south of the starting point is easy to get stuck behind.

LIBERADO

I like this game, and it has nice graphics. Only the sound of the tank engine is a bit disconcerting.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

Nikkita31

Yo.

Hi Merrak: Yeah. OK. I will make opacity while the tanks are behind. Here, it is really laggy. I can't play it smooth. Man, I don't know how you made that extension but that seams really useful. You and Liberado did an absolute great stuff. I wish more extension will come. If you guys made an easy tutorial about (multibehavior) AI, I will buy. It should be affordable hehe  8)

Hi Liberado: OK. I will change that sound or remove it for now.  Although I feel blank without it. hehe. Man, you guys made a wonderful extension.  8)

Nikkita31

That extension can be really really useful for arrows and cannonballs especially for RPG's. I used to play tactics ogre before and the arrows has the same logic as this. It is one of my favorites. I haven't used the extension because I always forget to install this.. and I still have to read the instructions.

LIBERADO

Man, you guys made a wonderful extension.
merrak is the only creator of that wonderful extension. (Physics Tools)

Regarding the tank engine sound, maybe I can give you an appropriate sound.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.

Nikkita31

Hello.

We just added some hostages and rumble zone. Problem is, it causes terrible lags..  so we reduced the numbers.

Play Game:

- Renegade gamez

merrak

I can't seem to play it at all :(

The lag is pretty severe. It runs for about 15 seconds, then freezes. There doesn't seem to be a lot of actors on screen, so I'm not sure if the problem is too many. I suspect there's some collision handler or update loop that is hogging all the CPU cycles.

What sort of multibehavior AI did you have in mind?

Nikkita31

Yo Merrak.

Me too.  Lag is Really really severe. But in flash version (offline)I can play it somehow.  :-[ Moving actors are like 12.  Static actors like trees are more than 20. Yeah I suspect it is the handler that causes the problem.  There are countless region in the game so that when hero tank enters, it will shift to another handler something like this:

There are two regions in a single enemy: Vertical and Horizontal.

This the handler:

when Hero tank enters vertical region,
if enemy idle handler is turned on, turn it off.
set agitated handler to on.

when Hero tank leaves region.
set agitated handler to off.
set idle handler to on.

every n seconds:
if idle handler boolean is on, trigger event idle handler

every n seconds:
if agitated handler boolean is on, trigger event handler

none of them are disabled. but can only be triggered through n seconds if boolean is enabled.

for the continuous collision, I am still in the process of investigating... man this is driving me nuts.

If you can figure this out, I really appreciate it... and I know you could.  ;D hehe

- Renegade Games.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 02:03:20 am by Nikkita31 »

Nikkita31

Yo.

I will post the entire map  and the frame rate so you guys have an idea what causes the problem. I found out some actors doesn't have a single behavior I forgot to add the "cannot exit scene" but after adding them, game play improved.  I also reduced number of actors in the scene and then limited the collision groups.

I'm trying to estimate how many actors I can put in one scene especially when the rumble goes in.. I want to eliminate the lags in this part.

Renegade Games.

yoplalala

b8778) Fix: Actors and Players collide with Tiles even when not set to collide

Maybe this release could help you

Nikkita31

Hello Yoplala.

This is the very time I've seen that one. I will try to search for that release. Is b8778 a code or something?...   ::) I really appreciate that. Thanks.

-Renegade Gamez

yoplalala

it's the build number, but now it's only accessible for indies/Studio,

Nikkita31

Hello.

Looks like there's a lot more interesting stuffs in indie and studio. I will definitely get one soon but I haven't finished any game yet. I will finish one then I'll get some license.  8)

- Renegade Games