Desktop compile doesnt work anymore

TheIndieStation

Title says all haha...
Log viewer ends with "Process creation failure : cl.exe"

Logs below.

letmethink

Your logs zip contains only one log which shows you open Stencyl, and then output the logs. Could you attacch a new one that shows you testing?
~Letmethink

TheIndieStation

That log was generated with the "generate log" button on the error pop-up. When/where should I make that other log?
It seems my train of stneycl issues is starting to roll after 2 years haha...

letmethink

Open Stencyl, test, then generate a log straight away.
~Letmethink

letmethink

What code do you have in SceneEvents_1? (You can go to the games generated folder and post the haxe code here - and if you have the time, could you also post the block code for this)
~Letmethink

letmethink

Sorry for reposting again so quickly, but could you also attach SceneEvents_0 (since I think SceneEvent_1 could've actually compiled correctly). Is any error produced when you test the game on flash?
~Letmethink

TheIndieStation

Flash is all fine. Here is the other script.

letmethink

Does compilation work at all with a blank game?
~Letmethink

TheIndieStation

Nope. It keeps telling me "Process creation failure : cl.exe" in the log viewer.

EDIT: I tried updating, but even that doesnt work.

Justin

There likely isn't an issue at all with the behaviors. It doesn't compile anything at all. The reason it prints out that it's compiling multiple files before the error occurs is because of compiling in multiple threads. It starts out on three files before it realized it can't compile anything at all, basically.

Have you made any changes recently regarding OS, installed software, environment variables, etc?

Here's a thread where some people got it working after reinstalling visual studio.

http://community.openfl.org/t/windows-c-process-creation-failure-cl-exe/1135/8

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

letmethink

Did compiling for Windows ever work with a previous (3.x) version?

There likely isn't an issue at all with the behaviors. It doesn't compile anything at all. The reason it prints out that it's compiling multiple files before the error occurs is because of compiling in multiple threads. It starts out on three files before it realized it can't compile anything at all, basically.
Oh that makes sense. (ironically I had the link you posted open in another tab before you posted it).
~Letmethink