UpDown: Million Dollar Box Race

NobodyX

A quickly-created garbage game. It is a bit fun, though.
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/8666

KungFuFurby

Didn't get it at first... though I eventually determined you shouldn't in the same row as the last black block, or else it's game over.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

coleislazy

Hmm... I really don't get it. :(

Rhys

I got 19 but I didn't understand what I was supposed to be doing.

EDIT: 45, now I get it.

NobodyX

I changed the start of the game a slight bit so hopefully people will get a sense of motion and it will be easier to understand.

airman4

haha , funny game

i got it

you play a red square and need to evade the black ones
but you use just one button to move up and down.

that's the thing who confuses people maybe?

NobodyX

Well, before I changed it all of the columns were filled from the start, so you were likely to die in the first second if you didn't know what you were doing, so that probably added to the confusion lots. And before the change it was probably harder to get that the blocks moved to the left.

KungFuFurby

Has anyone beaten 72? I got it, and I am applauding at how nicely it runs on my computer... a very nice 45 FPS.

This tells me StencylWorks really has improved a lot... then again, lightweight actors are part of the formula!
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.

NobodyX

There are no actors.

KungFuFurby

Purely libraries, I presume? That's unusual... my Nine Pixel Game did use actors, and I made them lightweight because no collision was involved whatsoever except as defined in my code.

coleislazy

I'm guessing he used tiles.

NobodyX

No, just 1 scene behaviour for the game part. No tiles, no libraries. All it is is a few booleans dictating the positions and I used the "when drawing" drawing blocks for all the graphics.

Alexin

Actors or tiles would be overkill in this case.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com