Ludum Dare 34- Are You In ?

Donni11

Hello Stencylers :) ! Ludum Dare is coming back with its 34th game Jam! Hopefully this will warm your winter! The last  LD was interesting , it always happens , every LD some crazy theme get so many votes and everyone is think: I hope that theme get choosen, , but when it actully get chossen its so hard to turn that idea into a game. I hope this time the theme is something normal  ;) .

Ludum Dare begins in 4 weeks, December 11th-14th. Also theme suggestions are open next week Monday. Well I look forward :) , I hope it turns out a great LD :) ! Now Are You IN ?

Hopefully I can create a better background in time...

« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:44:30 pm by Donni11 »
Peace

Warzone Gamez

WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting 130 days to make this thread....

And I am in! I'm going to start working on my Ludum Dare "I'm In" track today.... Just in time for a suprise I'll be announcing in about 2 weeks!
Making Dubstep is my passion.  Following
Christ is my greater passion.

View my SoundCloud page here... https://soundcloud.com/noobstep-544260267

Hectate

If you want the theme to be something normal, you should submit "something normal" as a theme idea.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

ceosol

We could have a "something normal" stencyl jam.

For LD, I'm thinking about trying to make a comic book game. I think having the game happen in a comic book would be an interesting and applicable to many different themes.

rrzl

For LD, I'm thinking about trying to make a comic book game. I think having the game happen in a comic book would be an interesting and applicable to many different themes.

Like Comix Zone?

mdotedot

I've to skip this one since that conflicts with a suprirse-' Sinterklaas ' weekend which is kind of like Santa Claus.
I wish all the contenders a fun-weekend and hope that the theme is applicable for your needs.
Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

robinschaafsma

I've to skip this one since that conflicts with a suprirse-' Sinterklaas ' weekend which is kind of like Santa Claus.
I wish all the contenders a fun-weekend and hope that the theme is applicable for your needs.

Me too :)
(word weer een druk weekend met de kids)

ceosol

Like Comix Zone?

Same-ish concept. Of course, I suck at pixel art so it won't be the same graphics. And I probably won't have time to make a whole fighting game after the graphics are done. I'll have to see where the theme takes me. It would be neat to have a comic book where you are making choices and changing the next page/frame.

Donni11

@warzone gamez, sorry ;) !

I hope you not this upset :
Peace

Warzone Gamez

Hey guys! Its me again. My name is Tanner Daniels, I'm 16, and am a Dubstep producer as a hobby. Every Ludum Dare, I create a new track to announce that I AM IN!!! This LD, I created this...
This Ludum Dare track... I focused on created a track with vocals and a hard-hitting breakdown. This is defiantly the most complex and best "I'm In" track that I've every created. I created all this using Fl Studio 11, and I created everything myself. I really enjoyed creating this song, and I hope you enjoy listening.

I'm super excited for this next Ludum Dare! Last LD, I reached #26 in audio!!!!!! I was 1 off my all-time dream! This LD, my goal is top 25 in audio. Goodluck guys, and I'M IN!!!

Justin

Why not number 1 in audio for a goal?

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Warzone Gamez

Why not number 1 in audio for a goal?
Because I am terrible in art.

what I mean by this is it's impossible to get #1, without having a game that people love everything about. Many people rate other categories, by other categories. Plus, I said top 25, that can include #1. :)

ceosol

Yeah, ludum dare judging is obscure. If someone really likes a game, they will rate it all 5's regardless of art or music, etc. Same goes if they do not like a game, everything gets rated as 1's. I used to see that when I would judge science competitions. Some judges would just give out perfect scores all over the place. They wouldn't even be able to defend their reason for saying a project deserved first place.

My goal for LD is always to make a game in 48 hours that teaches me something new. I do not really put stock in what the judges say :)

Hectate

I always find the comments more interesting than the final scores. People that actually take time to say something (good feedback or otherwise) provide more information than just a number can.
My last LD was a Twine game and a few people commented that they liked the humor; amusingly so since it was not deliberately attempted to be humorous. Makes me wonder what would happen if I deliberately tried instead :)
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

letmethink

This is the weekend after my mock exams, so it will be very touch and go whether I'll be burnt out or not, but I may try to have a go.
~Letmethink