Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

[IOS/Android] Heyzap advertising (Interstitial & Rewarded Video) 2.9.1

gkhanni

Right.  Everything compiles and runs but I don't think the test device (ios9) is sending requests to either chartboost or FAN.  I've tried editing the plists, but I'm not sure if i did that right.

1) Did you create a campaign on Chartboost dashboard?
2) If yes, did you enabled test ad on Chartboost dashboard?
3) Although it is working well on my side, Charboost changed its SDKs  a while ago. Heyzap Extension is using old-style SDKs. Maybe it could be about it, Robin knows best.
4) Facebook Ads are same also. I NEVER seen them on test devices but after release my game, i got results about it. So it is working. Also Facebook Ads dashboard is little complex so you have to set your ads carefully for test device.
5) Are you enabled only Facebook and Chartboost? If yes, check other ad-servers. If you using both Admob and Heyzap, you have to change Admob's latest SDK with oldest under stencylworks.

Hope, they will help you.

virusstar

Thank you for the reply.  I believe I have multiple campaigns.  They were however before the removal of the bidding system but my android version also had the same set of campaigns ad still runs ads just fine without changes.  I didn't enable test ads because I figured it wouldn't matter as they don't pay for impressions.  I will try that later.  Side note, my chartboost on android has been a bit sub-par.  I heard it is better on apple but do you have any experience with other networks?  Specifically one with interstitial? 

gkhanni

Thank you for the reply.  I believe I have multiple campaigns.  They were however before the removal of the bidding system but my android version also had the same set of campaigns ad still runs ads just fine without changes.  I didn't enable test ads because I figured it wouldn't matter as they don't pay for impressions.  I will try that later.  Side note, my chartboost on android has been a bit sub-par.  I heard it is better on apple but do you have any experience with other networks?  Specifically one with interstitial? 

Generally Chartboost is not showing ads on test devices without enable test ads option.

Ad-optimization is not easier than lots of people are thought. It has different and complex algorithm to take powerful eCPM. Lots of variables are effecting that. You have to create couple of questions to get highest eCPM. Heyzap solves this problem a bit because their algorithm calculates highest eCPM according to players' area. Anyway, if you have an arcade game you have to optimize each ad server. For example, 16 years old girl which plays Stack on her mobile phone never interested in slot games or a player in Sweden or Denmark is not easily attracts find-a-friend apps. If you optimize this options well my results are showing that;
For interstatials;
1) Leadbolt
2) Chartboost
3) Unity

For rewarded ads;
1) AppLovin
2) Unity

It will be better to integrate more than 5 ad-servers to your game. Because some ad-servers are not showing up on some regions. Heyzap is fixing this issue. If you use only Leadbolt, probably it will stuck on MENA region. Or if you use AdColony, you can not get enough revenue on Asia.

virusstar

I see...thank you for deep details...ill try heyzap on android then move to ios.  Thanks again.

RulezTeam

For interstatials;
1) Leadbolt
2) Chartboost
3) Unity

For rewarded ads;
1) AppLovin
2) Unity

Hi gkhanni,

how did you integrated unity Ad on stencyl ?

gkhanni

Check this topic's first post ;)

RulezTeam

Check this topic's first post ;)

Excuse me...  :o :-[

Thank you

virusstar

The ads show up just fine on the debug but not in game...also fetching FAN banner gives an error.

robinschaafsma

Can you be more specific?
 Platform?, what is the error..

I working on some big updates of all my Extensions
I also made 4 more Advertising Extensions (AppLovin, UnityAds, Vungle and StartApp) (they will be payed extensions).

They will coming soon on Extension Section
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

virusstar

Sorry...this is on android fetching and loading ads on the debug suite thats used to see if the sdks are installed correctly works perfectly with the exeption of FAN which just simply says "error fetching ad" or something similar (Im not near my computer right now).  However when I create an apk and install it on my android, no ads show at all while the game is playing.

robinschaafsma

Check if you fill in your FAN ID "correcly whitout any space"  in your Heyzap Dashboard.
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

virusstar

Will do when I can...in the mean time, do you have a solution to make ads show up in-game?

robinschaafsma

Solution??
There are all working,
1 - register to dashboard of chosen Network, get you game id.
2 - enable extension of chosen Network
3 - setup the blocks correct
4 - build and plop there they are...  :D

You are really unclear sorry for saying. But i want to help you...
Please send me your project so i can check think out for you... and with which network do you want.
byRobinGames.com

virusstar

Okay sorry I didn't know I was being unclear...this would probably be easier if I had my computer at this time so I will be back when I have it...

robinschaafsma

Ok, sorry i read now you try to view a FAN banner with HeyZap.
Banner is not supported (yet) in this Heyzap Extension, only Interstitial, Video and Rewarded Video are supported.
byRobinGames.com