[IOS/Android] Heyzap advertising (Interstitial & Rewarded Video) 2.9.3

gkhanni

Is there anyone who has troubles about rewarded videos on Android with version 2.4 / 2.5 ? Or only me?

robinschaafsma

Hi i don't have any trouble with that, but what is the trouble you have..

gkhanni

Working well at ios ( same game, same code). Nothing happens when click on rewarded video on android. Working well at old versions.

robinschaafsma

Ok can you generate logs when you click the rewarded.

noxtudios

Quick question on the app settings in HeyZap, if anyone knows..

There is a setting for Max Rewarded Videos (per day) in the App specific settings

Does anyone know what happens if the max rewarded videos are reached, does the video just not play? do we get any information returned to the extension? will it be video fail to load? As it shouldn't load the video?

edit:

Finally managed to set it all up and it seems that it returns a false.. so video never loads, which is good..

Another question, I have put in my IP address on the app specific settings, as a test IP, but i am still seeing live ads..
Is there anything else i need to do, to activate test ads?

« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:46:11 pm by noxtudios »

ChristianEs

hello, i have a problem , when i try to show an ad it says  something like "you must call heyzap ad.start first()" this only happens when i have admob enabled on hey zap dashboard, when i only use hey zap ads it works.
*i initialize  hey zap on my "loading" scene
*i fetch ads like 20 seconds before showing them, and everything... (i suppose fetch is "load" ad)
* the debug stuff says ad mob is fine, enabled and all good.
*i dont have ad mob extension enabled  i use the default admob on stencyl 9035.

second question, how can i use ad mob test ads? using hey zap

robinschaafsma

Another question, I have put in my IP address on the app specific settings, as a test IP, but i am still seeing live ads..
Is there anything else i need to do, to activate test ads?

No you don't need to do anything else, all trafic from your IP will not concider as an request and you will not earn anything if it's shown from your IP

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 07:25:23 am by robinschaafsma »

robinschaafsma

hello, i have a problem , when i try to show an ad it says  something like "you must call heyzap ad.start first()" this only happens when i have admob enabled on hey zap dashboard, when i only use hey zap ads it works.
*i initialize  hey zap on my "loading" scene
*i fetch ads like 20 seconds before showing them, and everything... (i suppose fetch is "load" ad)
* the debug stuff says ad mob is fine, enabled and all good.
*i dont have ad mob extension enabled  i use the default admob on stencyl 9035.

second question, how can i use ad mob test ads? using hey zap

I don't have an answer for why it calls sometimes "you must call heyzap ad.start first()". It looks like it must be re-initialize.

But for second question,  you cannot use the admob test ads.
If you have enable admob in Stencyl the Admob SDK's will compile in you game, this way Hezap see that the SDK's are installed. Now you can use the Heyzap blocks.
For Testing, put your IP address on the app specific settings on your Heyzap dashboard, as a test IP.
(Live ads will show, but you will not earn anything if it's shown from your IP.)

ChristianEs

thanks for the answer robin, but i have this problem (from the first question). every time i have enabled admob on my hey zap dashboard i cant see ads.

i used android device monitor to look if i see something wrong, and it says that heyzap actually shuts down after initializing: "Heyzap has encountered an error and is shutting down"

i attached the logs.

robinschaafsma

thanks for the answer robin, but i have this problem (from the first question). every time i have enabled admob on my hey zap dashboard i cant see ads.

i used android device monitor to look if i see something wrong, and it says that heyzap actually shuts down after initializing: "Heyzap has encountered an error and is shutting down"

i attached the logs.
Try to re-install the Heyzap SDK.
1- download SDK from https://developers.heyzap.com/sdk/download?platform=
2 - unzip and copy the Android SDK to stencylworks/engine-extensions/heyzap-master/dependencies/libs

ChristianEs

nope, i did it and still doesn´t works, i also did "run clean project" after changing the sdk.
 i also want to buy start app extension and use Hey zap with it but, do you think i will also have the same problem?.

robinschaafsma

Hi Christian,

I did some research, and i have the same issue.. it seems Admob have updated there Google play services Library to 9.0. I think the issue is that Heyzap is not working anymore with the old Google play services that is used in Stencyl.
I am still working on this, i am trying to update the Google play services library but it seems it no longer 1 library. I will let you know when it's fixed. (hope this week)

PS: Heyzap does not supported StartApp, so there will no problem there. All other supported networks work just fine and if there are ploblems i try to fix that.

colburt187

Great work with this extension Robin, going to use it for my next release. does watching adverts from the debug pop up count as live adverts, should I be careful while watching lots of adverts in that mode to text the mediation?

robinschaafsma

Great work with this extension Robin, going to use it for my next release. does watching adverts from the debug pop up count as live adverts, should I be careful while watching lots of adverts in that mode to text the mediation?

Thanks,
In the Heyzap Dashboard under Publisher setting in your APP you can add your test device at the bottom of the page.
This can be your  Google Ad ID or iOS IDFA or IP Address.

If you fill this in you don't have to be careful.