Super Dangerous Dungeons! Now out on App Store and Google Play!

rob1221

So with Apple not changing the Best New Games list yet, does that mean you get a full two weeks of feature time?

Hectate

:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

AdventureIslands

So with Apple not changing the Best New Games list yet, does that mean you get a full two weeks of feature time?

No, App Store just updated a day later than usual, so guess I bit longer feature. Now that App Store has refreshed, the game has gotten bunch of smaller features, like being part of 10 Awesome Retro Games list.

Drizzt

Heyy,

Still playing the game its really fun :)

I am really interested in the paid sales on feature and for the ads for feature revenue.

Could you make a chart or something so we can see how rich you are now ? :D

Thanks!

squeeb

how did you get so many downloads on android that fast??  good job by the way.. i am downloading now and shall play :) and rate it of course :)

rob1221

It's pretty common for games featured on the iOS App Store to get attention on Google Play.

squeeb

well shoot... i may need to get that apple account

AdventureIslands

Super DD 1.1 update is out now! It contains:

-Player now has more friction on ground, and releasing movement buttons in air now rapidly slows down your speed, allowing more precise landing and movement.
-Fixed a bug where new record didn't replace the old one at the end of Time Trial mode for entire game.
-Ads should no longer crash the game on iPhone 4
-Small adjustments and fixes.

Get it now:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-dangerous-dungeons/id1006111149?mt=8

Luyren

-Player now has more friction on ground, and releasing movement buttons in air now rapidly slows down your speed, allowing more precise landing and movement.
I find it odd that this would be necessary; I finished the game and found the simplicity and precision of the controls very commendable! Only problem is the lack of physical response when playing on a virtual keyboard, but I never blamed a death due to bad controls.

Loved the game, great work!
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

ceosol

I downloaded it and played. Platformers aren't really my thing so I didn't get very far. However, I thought the graphics were great and the gameplay itself was incredibly smooth. Nice job all around.

UnusualCadence

A well deserved success! Looks great, perfect platform mechanics for touchscreen and very charming :)

rob1221

I just finished the game today, and on my cheap 480x320 device it still looks great and plays flawlessly.

AdventureIslands

Lately I have gotten lots of indies asking me how changing from paid model to free to play has worked for me. Answer is: smashing success.

SuperDD has been downloaded over 900k times by now. Duke Dashington and Tiny Dangerous Dungeons were paid apps, and didn't get even 20k downloads combined.

Of these 900k players, only 1.91k has bought the Remove Ads IAP. But that doesn't really matter, as the ads are the main thing here. With the ad revenue, I could easily quit my job and live comfortably for couple of years as full time indie if I wanted to.

The sad fact is, there simply isn't enough paying customers on mobile for unknown little indies. With a free game, people have less threshold to download it, and people who don't want to or can't pay can still play it. If you can also nab App Store feature with it, your game spreads like wildfire.

Paid games might have more success on PC and consoles, but for mobile, I'm sticking with free+ads model from now on.