Actors not always showing up, but they exist

bobbyck

Hello,

I have created turrets that create and shoot actors as bullets. The turrets work fine, the bullets work fine and the bullets auto-die after 12 seconds. However it seems that at random the image of the bullet will not appear - the bullet does exist, will collide and work fine with the actor. Its collision shape is also correct but it's image will not appear.  It does this at random. I.e fires bullets fine then a few invisible then the next batch are fine, etc.

I have tried turrets with 0.1s intervals between shots and 0.5s intervals as well.

TheIndieStation

Van you enable dwbug drawing and run the game again? If you dont the collision shape it means your bullets are somehiw pished away before you can see them.

bobbyck

Yup,

The collision box of the bullets (actors)  show up fine in dwbug, they function fine and collide fine with the other actors, but randomly, they just dont show up.

Here is a video, in this video it is the bottom row that are occasionally not showing up.

http://plays.tv/video/565355ffa0f38232ea

Again, the images NOT showing up seems completely random. Any ideas?

TheIndieStation

how many layers do you have?

bobbyck

4 layers + background.

TheIndieStation

Doubke check if you placing them on the correct layer and not sometimes place them behind that black cave thing layer.

bobbyck

Good thought, just tried it but doesnt fix the prob :/

I created a new layer at the top and have the blocks sent there.

I guess I'll go through the code with a fine comb trying to find any problems.

TheIndieStation

Maybee post them here? Possible causes could be the code that creates them or the one attached to them.

bobbyck

This is the behavior of the actor that spawns the "bullets"

This is the behavior of the "bullet"

TheIndieStation

hmmm this seems to be good. Try disabling all other layers and see if the issue remains.

bobbyck

Didn't do it.

At this point I'm considering that the image might be fubared. Will re-open/re-save it and re-import it.

bobbyck

Nope :(

No idea what to try next.