[iOS & Android] Waving Cube - 27 Jan. & 10 Feb. Featured by AppGratis.com!

riki82

[Update]
Hello everyone!
A few weeks ago, the company AppGratis.com contacted me to promote my game.
If you are interested, the 27th of January, if you download Waving Cube for Android, you will get the Ad-Free version (1.99$) for free!
The promo is only for new users.
On February 10, there will be the same promotion for Waving Cube on iOS
AppGratis is a network that has about 10 million users, I hope to get a lot of downloads!
[/Update]

Hello everyone!
I'm here to introduce you to my new game for iOS and Android named Waving Cube!
Is a game that I started about one year ago and I had left incomplete ... now I have decided that now is the time to finish it and publish it on the Appstore!

Is a fast one tap game: Tap the screen to change cube direction and fly through the levels!
The main game is made of 15 levels. Once you complete all the levels the player can unlock endless mode to test his skills!

When's it out?
Waving Cube  on App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/waving-cube/id1057214813?l=it&ls=1&mt=8

Waving Cube on Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riks.waving

Description:
Adrenalinic, fast, impossible, endless. This is Waving Cube.
Tap the screen to change cube direction and fly through the levels!
Complete the first 15 levels to unlock the "Endless Mode" and set your best record!
◉ Fast and exciting "one tap" gameplay
◉ 15 hard levels to complete (more will come soon)
◉ 1 endless level for test your skills
◉ Unlockable characters
◉ Amazing soundtrack

Teaser Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIIj_TF4xb0

I hope you like it!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:55:46 am by riki82 »

Bhoopalan

Concept sounds great. Will test it when available for Android.
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

gurigraphics

If the level design is good as the visual design and audio design will be a great game.

Everything depends on the harmony of variations.

About it, I think what we most need is to use metrics.

We need to know at what stage the players are giving up the game.

And to use A/B testing.

Ex.:
500 players play in version 1.0
100 players leave the game on stage 10.

500 players play in version 2.0
50 players leave the game on stage 10.

Version 1.0 is best. Reliability of 99.9% .

Hypothesis:
- Challenge lower than skill.
- Skill more than challenge.
- Effort more than reward.
- Design very repetitive.
- Etc.

And to know it's, only feedback and guessing not resolve.
To not depend on luck, we need to create version 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and test, and test, and test.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:15:24 pm by gurigraphics »

SquarePug

The music and fast pace of it are cool! Nice particle type effect on game over too.
Twitter: @satchapps.

riki82

Hello everyone!
A few weeks ago, the company AppGratis.com contacted me to promote my game.
If you are interested, the 27th of January, if you download Waving Cube for Android, you will get the Ad-Free version (1.99$) for free!
AppGratis is a network that has about 10 million users, I hope to get a lot of downloads!

Bhoopalan

Wish you good luck! Your game deserves it.
If I helped you at anytime, help me back build my twitter followers :)
https://twitter.com/imbhoopalan

SquarePug

Be interesting to see how many downloads you get, hopefully its a lot!

In order to get the offer do users have to download the app thru the AppGratis website, or can it be downloaded straight from the app store?

riki82

From store or from AppGratis app...
I integrated batch SDK for unlock ADFREE version for free, works with specific campaign.
Is designed for AppGratis promotions and push notifications
After the promo, I will post the download statistics :)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:56:26 am by riki82 »

SquarePug

Oh ok thats a cool way of doing it!

What will be just as interesting is the after effect as well. Not just the boost in the 24hrs but also subsequent traction, be that higher daily downloads, more reviews, articles etc.

SquarePug

I played the game for a while yesterday evening, enjoyed it overall! But did notice quite a few ways you could possibly improve the gameplay.

Some ideas:

- have 3 difficulty modes. It gets frustrating when you cant do a level, by having different difficulties could stop players exiting if they get frustrated, they can drop it down a difficulty instead. And then when levels are completed you could show which difficulties the player has completed the level on.  Also provides a replayability, for example, if someone completed the game on easy and enjoyed it they may go back thru and try on medium or hard. Should be fairly easy to implement the difficulties. Levels can remain the same, simply make the player actor smaller and move slower based on difficulty setting. I am stuck on Level 7 and had a tonne of go's but didnt even get close to completing the level, so for now I am stuck, no way to skip the level or make it easier, and I cant even get close to completing it. I can get about half way but I find it too hard. So for now Ive given up on the game because Im stuck.

- would be good as part of Google Play achievements if also had a 'stars collected' leaderboad. And perhaps some Google Play achievements to aim for too, such as reaching a certain amount of stars, reaching certain level number etc. You've gone to the trouble of implementing Google Play when the user loads the app so you may as well better utilise it.

- how about an optional way to show how many 'attempts' it takes a player. Exactly as it does in Geometry Dash. You could make it optional though in case it annoys players. At the end the player could get bonus stars based on how few goes it took them to complete it.

- on the 'game over voice' I would also do another voice for if the player was within 10% of finishing. Instead it could say "unlucky, so close" or something like that. Would probably enduce some proper rage in some players, but others would see the funny side of it. Does it also have to say the level number every single time you play it? As I mentioned earlier I am stuck on Level 7. And I hit the spikes at the start of that level many times on the trot, it gets incredibly annoying as the voice keeps repeating "Game over. Level 7". I think it would be much better if she said the level number once the first time the level loads, but then not again each time it reloads.

- Ive only managed to unlock one extra player but from scrolling through them they all seem to be the same, except they have different colors. I dont think this gives the player enough incentive to unlock them. I would make each one behave slightly different, say one that changed direction a bit quicker, another changes direction a bit slower etc. And then say that below each player as you scroll thru them so when the user is selecting they know it is worth unlocking and can tactically decide which to unlock with their stars.

- In the game it could perhaps have the odd random 'booster' which a player has to hit (in the same way they do for the coins) to unlock. Once activated they could do things such as it slows the game down by 50% for 5 seconds, or all the spikes decrease in size by 50% for 5 seconds. Or the player shrinks by 80% for 5 seconds. Things to make it momentarily easier for the player. It can also cause players to hit spikes in their attempt to get the bonus. These so-called 'boosters' could randomly spawn once every few games so they feel like something good for the player that they dont see too often.

- Consider making the game have a gentler difficulty curve. I noticed in the Google Play leaderboard a lot of people only manage 1 level and give up on the game. You could perhaps keep the level designs the same, or very similar, but make it so each level the actor moves slightly faster each time. If you make it so the first few levels can be completed by pretty much everyone no matter what skill level, you have more chance of drawing players in. At the moment it appears too many players give up very quickly.

Hope they help the further development of the game :)

riki82

Thanks for feedbacks man!
I really appreciate!

Honestly I have published in a hurry this game, and I have a long list of things to add in my mind.
Many ideas that you have spoken is already on my list for the future updates.
In the last month, I have not improved the game because... Downloads = zero
It was the game with the worst statistics in the last 2 years.
iOS has 54 active players and Android had 5 players active before today.
Daily downloads = 1-2 max... (even days 0)
Thinking he had it all wrong, I focused on a new project, leaving aside any improvement of Waving Cube.

Then suddenly he contacted me AppGratis... a surprise to be honest....
They say it's a great game....
Unfortunately I lost two weeks to integrate Batch SDK ( thanks robinschaafsma ;) ) and make it Ok... and there was no time to improve the game further...

If after the promotion will have some success, I work on it.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:31:07 am by riki82 »

SquarePug

That makes sense.

If Android does well in todays offer definitely worth hurrying through some of the easier improvements you've planned (if you have time) before the iOS offer happens to see if the changes make a difference!

I noticed playing the app now there is a tonne more activity in the Google Play leaderboard. Looks like the downloads are coming in :)

But it appears a huge amount of players give up after level 1. At the time I write this only 27 players have completed level 2. With around 300 people in total on the leaderboard. So 90% of players haven't even completed level 2. Making the game have a gentler difficulty curve or having different difficulty levels seems like a critical thing when you get the chance to do it. Ideally getting players past the first few levels on their first gameplay should draw them in.

riki82

I added on the fly, button to skip levels and slightly lowered the difficulty.
Tomorrow, after the promo, I uploaded a new version.
Many users, show their frustration at the difficulty of the game, by writing negative reviews.