Cannot export to SWF

tristonhopkins

Sorry for being unclear; I cannot publish to SWF.  However I can use preview with no issue.

Joe

Sorry for being unclear; I cannot publish to SWF.  However I can use preview with no issue.

So you are seeing an error in the console, correct?

Can you identify which song is causing the problem? If you remove it, are you able to export okay? The default example games shouldn't have this problem, but it's possible we may have missed something.

tristonhopkins

So you are seeing an error in the console, correct?

Can you identify which song is causing the problem? If you remove it, are you able to export okay? The default example games shouldn't have this problem, but it's possible we may have missed something.

No, I am getting the dialog box error that says "Unable to export SWF to requested location. (Could not write)"

Also, I have removed all MP3s and the error still occurs on export to SWF.

Joe

Please post your logs (Debug > Generate Logs), so we can take a look.

tristonhopkins

There may be a lot to sift through since I've been working quite a bit today.   Would probably be best to just focus on the most recent logs.  ;)

Jon

Replace your sw.jar with this. The current version won't spit out any useful error info for this particular function. Replicate and generate your logs again for that run. Thanks!

tristonhopkins

It is indeed showing an error now.  Here are the new logs.

tristonhopkins

It is indeed showing an error now.  Here are the new logs.

There was an MP3 error that cropped up that wasn't in the log before.  I fixed that and here are the new logs, where I still get the error about not being able to export to SWF.

tristonhopkins

I downloaded the nightly build and extracted it to a seperate Stencyl folder and built to SWF with that and it worked perfectly.  Not sure what bugged out with my previous version.

hummerz5

I've been gone for a bit, being a newb and all, but I found the error. I have quite a few files, and the reason it wouldn't work is because one of my behaviors had a few blank IF's and such. :)

Sorry all. Thx for the help

ferrasaur17

Can someone help me? I just re-exported the mp3's to 128kbs, 16kb...
and it's still not working. can anyone help me.

here's my log as well

Joe

Welcome to Stencyl!

Looks like you're running low on free RAM, according to your logs. How much do you have?

Try restarting Stencyl and testing again.

ferrasaur17

I manage to export the swf but now i can't publish the game on stencyl. it says stencyl is 90% full, how should i reduce it or what should i delete.

thanks for welcoming me :)

captaincomic

You don't have to delete anything, just restart Stencyl.
More about the 90% memory warning: http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/ninety-percent-warning/

RaineL

(hoping this bumps)

I just tried Stencyl for the first time and I can't export to SWF or publish on Arcade. The game has background music and .png images. The mp3 is 128kbps/44100kHz. Sample games are exporting fine, so what's the problem (I can't understand really anything of the logs...)?