Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Non Named (Menu working stuff)

fillergames

Rough save menu. This menu will probably be overhauled by quite a bit, as it's not up to scratch for me.

fillergames

Major update.

This thread is sorta not gonna be updated anymore, as I've decided that I'll move it away into the hip new blog fad the kids these days are into. This'll allow some more traffic depending on how it goes.

So I spent an hour (or maybe half) making a cheap Tumblr blog for it. If there's people here who don't like Tumblr, I am sorry to offend anyone who does not like their website.

Anyways the blog can be found here

fillergames

The saving so far is going good. The menus are not finalized yet, but they're readable for now.

Related update on the game's blog.

fillergames

Added some more text. Pretty sure it looks better, now.

fillergames

Made a new version of the status menu using the save menu, as I think it works better like this.

fillergames

Added the bar, it resizes dynamically based of party member for smoother visuals.

I may resize the bar to be smaller so the text can fit, dunno.

Anyways, changes since last revision:

⦁ Overhauled status menu, added bar.

⦁ Added debug comments on pretty much anything if I need to recode stuff.

⦁ Fixed animation glitch on followers when speaking, and ladder climbing.

⦁ Merged all of the followers's scripts into one.

⦁ Fixed NPC scripts, merged 'em into one.

fillergames

The stat numbers are now animated to add a tiny bit more interactivity to them.

Tiny changes like this make something static seem more polished overall.

Related blog post

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:54:27 pm by fillergames »

fillergames

What the "see more detail" option does. It just adds the stat gain for next level, and a small snippet of what the text does.

Also thinking of possibly killing off the blog, as it has made no impact for attention at all, and only serves minor purpose.

squeeb

I read through your progress here.  Looking great!

fillergames

Thank you! I'll admit I don't work as much as I could, but I try to work the best I can when I do.

Possibly the final update to this menu, as I want to focus on other things to be polished, now.

• EXP bar was made gold, as I added some shading to it.
  • Added empty space for the bar so it's easier to see where it even ends.
  • While it'd be impossible for me to show right now with a gif, I added sounds.

merrak

I liked the animations in the stats. I agree--it goes a long way toward giving the game a polished look.

BTW--there's a typo (Sepcial Attack) :P

fillergames

How did I not realize that? Ouch. I guess I'll have to fix that up when I re-write and update my to-do list.

Anyways, WIP of the keybinds. May switch up some stuff.

fillergames

Minor update.

Recently found out all the object data per map is stored in XMLs. The NPC text is allowed to be edited there, meaning a quick edit for whatever you want would be possible pretty much hassle free.

On the less brighter side, I deleted the game blog due to lack of relevancy, and overall failure to meet my demand for a 2 week period.

fillergames

Been expanding on character designs for more detail, as I may want to do some more detailed cutscenes with larger sprites (think of cutscenes in NES games like Ninja Gaiden and Blaster Master. Like that)

Rather than flooding with new posts, I'll update this one with more character designs.

EDIT: Due to my bad hand-writing. I wanna say that the text on the upper-left does not say "bong". It says "Bang" like a hair peak or bang.