Hide actors during swiping in a popup

RedEvo

I need to understand if there's a way to make something like that: I need to have a scroll popup working with swipe permit to hide part of actors when they are going out of popup during swiping.
Something like attached image.
Consider the black border in image isn't a border but a game part and can contains other actors and so on.

Thanks in advance.
David.
Launching RedemptionTCG Android Alpha. If you are interested contact us at info@redevogames.com

CmdrWhitey13

You can move the stuff for the black border portion up a layer. Might help.

RedEvo

You can move the stuff for the black border portion up a layer. Might help.

Cannot be useful if there's a different background from popup and black border. Stuffs on Layer 0 are always under Stuffs on Swiping layer. (Please take a look at attached image)

The only solution I've found, but has no elegance and can be have many problems during running in real devices is:
  • make a screenshot of the whole screen;
  • make an hole on ss fitting with popup;
  • put remain of ss on an actor in layer 3 (not reported in image).

In this way you can have actors disappear behind image on layer 3. But take a realtime screenshot, and work on it, can be heavy with devices with native resolution of 2560x1440 or similar.

Hope someone have some suggestions, I've no problem with code but I don't have a starting point.
Thanks a lot CmdrWhitey13 for suggestion :)
David.
Launching RedemptionTCG Android Alpha. If you are interested contact us at info@redevogames.com

CmdrWhitey13

Hey. I just managed to create a behavior to help you out.
This behavior takes your popup location and width and height to function.
Attach this Scene Behavior to your scene, fill in parameters, and have the popup image and buttons underneath.
Give it a shot. Let me know how it does.

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,45731.0.html

This topic is what it was modeled off of.

RedEvo

Really thanks for kindly response. Tomorrow I'm going to check and understood it!

David.

CmdrWhitey13

Not a worry. From what I have understand, this allows better performance on mobile compared to current screen as image. I haven't tested it out against mobile but by helping iroosma out, this seems to work fine for their end.