Copy Behavior from one game to another

Novacaine31

I like the behavior of the enemy AI in one of the example games.  I'd like to copy that over into a game I've started working on.  How do I do this?

It seems very complicated to get assets from one game into another.  You can't keep more than one game open?  You can't just "copy" and "paste" assets like actors and behaviors?  You can't just "save" a behavior and "load" a behavior?

Maybe I'm just missing where that functionality is but it's very odd if it is missing.  It seems so important to be able to cut and past pieces from one game into another and save assets that you've made for later projects.  Thanks for any help and sorry if this is a basic thing that I just missed in the crash course. 

rob1221

You can use StencylForge; what you upload there is private by default.

coleislazy

We are currently working on ways to make this much easier. We agree that is is a pain right now!

Novacaine31

Thank you for the replies.  It's great to know that you're working to simplify this pipeline. 

Novacaine31

Follow up :) 

So I uploaded my asset.  How do I find it.  Do I have to search for the specific name?  There doesn't seem to be a filter for "my stuff", just most downloaded, etc.  Could find anything on this in the stencylpedia.  Thanks.

Novacaine31

I just found the "my resources" tab at the bottom of the list.  Doh!  Thanks again for all the help!

2DIndie

Is there a easier way today (4.0.3)? ???

Luyren

Export resource, then import it into your other game.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter