GTA V

irock

I got so excited when I saw this. The trailer reveals Los Santons (Los Angeles) but it's unclear if the rest of San Andreas will be in the game. I hope so.

Anyway, HOLY COW.

Murad

I'm not criticizing you for liking the game, but what exactly is so appealing about this series? I mean I've played some of them before and I can't quite get what is so "fun" about them. Looks nice though.

coleislazy

I love them. Well, everything from 3 on.

For me, the appeal is the openness of the world. The story lines are fun, but driving around doing crazy stuff is just as fun!

Mach60KAS

I personally have yet to play any of the GTA games - they just don't seem very much like what I'd enjoy. Though to be fair, I prefer proper narratives to sandboxes anyway. What is the appeal to them outside of the sandbox? I might give them a try at some point.

irock

I'm not criticizing you for liking the game, but what exactly is so appealing about this series? I mean I've played some of them before and I can't quite get what is so "fun" about them. Looks nice though.
The openness and level of detail of the worlds drew me in. I think the storylines are good, the gameplay is superb, the level of polish is unmatched, the games have attention to detail and small things everywhere that keep the world interesting, the voice acting is good, the missions are fun, and it's just fun to wreck havoc. I'd say it's one of my favorite series' of all time.

irock

So the 2nd trailer came out yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84

But more interesting than that, a lot of information has come out.

The biggest news is that instead of playing as one character like in every game thus far, you play as three. You can freely switch between them at any time when not in a mission. It zooms out into the sky revealing the whole map, it shows where each character is, you pick one and it zooms down to where they are. When the characters aren't being played by you, they go about their daily lives and can wind up in different situations. There are also missions where you can play as two or three of the characters, all possibly doing completely different things. Like, one guy could be flying a helicopter, another on a roof sniping and another on the ground, and you could choose which you want to do or switch between them throughout the mission. Though apparently sometimes you have to switch, which is understandable.

Rockstar said that the map is larger than GTA IV, San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined. There's also wilderness and desert, which I thought was really cool in San Andreas. But it's made more lively by the addition of wild animals, like in Red Dead Redemption. So I guess you can go around destroying deers with your car.

There's a lot of other neat information too:
http://www.gtav.net/news/4477/first-gtav-online-previews-amp-new-screenshots
http://www.gtav.net/news/4473/game-informer-gtav-preview-now-available

I didn't think Rockstar could actually come up with a major new gameplay change for a GTA game. This whole three-character system is a HUGE deal, and I'm way more excited because of it.

Blob

Rockstar Games is a neat company with a hip-hop-happenin' style.

GTA V will be the best game ever ! * Throws Money At Screen *
Zen - Newgrounds - goo.gl/fd4mU

Shoot me a PM or something..

irock

I wouldn't be surprised.

Leaufai

Loved the new trailer. Big fan myself. Have played since III (although I went SA>III>VC). The size of the world especially surprised me. Been hanging around the Mapping thread at the GTAForums so I thought I had a good grasp of the size, but it's more than I expected.

They say that the map is bigger than San Andreas , GTA VI and Red Dead Redemption .... COMBINED !

captaincomic

The openness and level of detail of the worlds drew me in. I think the storylines are good, the gameplay is superb, the level of polish is unmatched, the games have attention to detail and small things everywhere that keep the world interesting, the voice acting is good, the missions are fun, and it's just fun to wreck havoc. I'd say it's one of my favorite series' of all time.
This. And don't forget the soundtrack! Especially GTA San Andreas had such a great music selection on their radio stations. It was one of the only games which I didn't mute to listen to my own music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LiAaDN2bsA

rahulmartin

i have played all games of the series  , they all are awesome.
hoping the same for this one too :D

vikingpotato

gta1 is still better than most top 100 games on itunes..