Error in View Fingerprint and Different Certificates in Google Play

Dieko

Hi,

I've been throughout many errors lately that needed to be fixed one by one,
Now I'm trying to update an application in android google play, when I upload the new apk in the android developer section it says:

Quote from:
Error de subida
Has subido un APK firmado con un certificado diferente al de los archivos APK anteriores. Debes usar el mismo certificado. Tus APK están firmados con un certificado digital que incluye la huella digital

[ SHA1: A5:65:A5:5E:C7:F1:5F:D7:7B:9E:55:0F:D3:EB:67:D2:39:0E:A5:5C ]

, mientras que el certificado que has utilizado para firmar el APK que has subido tiene la huella digital
[ SHA1: 88:81:08:C2:7E:54:2E:E5:E3:ED:24:97:B8:84:D1:4D:71:4B:2F:E7 ]

El código de versión del APK debe ser superior a 7.

Translated to english should be:

Quote from:
Upload failed
You uploaded an APK signed with a different APK files of the previous certificate. You must use the same certificate. Your APK is signed with a digital certificate that includes fingerprint

[SHA1: A5: 65: A5: 5E: C7: F1: 5F: D7: 7B: 9E: 55: 0F: D3: EB: 67: D2: 39: 0D: A5: 5C]

While the certificate that you used to sign the APK you've uploaded has the fingerprint

[ SHA1: 88:81:08:C2:7E:54:2E:E5:E3:ED:24:97:B8:84:D1:4D:71:4B:2F:E7 ]

The APK version code must be greater than 7.

I've tried deleting the certificate for completely and remake it with the exactly information that I used in the previous APK version, but the fingerprint are still different thus it doesn't let me update my app.

However I realized that when I click in the Stencyl option View Fingerprints, an unexpected problem appears (logs are attached to this thread).

this message even appears in a newly empty created game

I've tried reinstalling Stencyl, Java, Android JDK with no success. I will try to do it again later.

Also, I have bought a new laptop and the PC where I made the first version of the app has been reinstalled its Windows system.

Thank you very much in advanced.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:16:17 pm by Dieko »

rob1221

If you don't have the old keystore you won't be able to update the app any more.  Your only option is to take it down and upload it as a brand new app.  I think it's one of Google's dumbest requirements, and even the normally more restrictive Apple allows you to change certificates and provisioning profiles for new versions.

TheIndieStation

You cant blame stencyl for it. Making back-ups of everything is a most know. I even have back-ups of every sound file shorter then 1 second...

rob1221

There's a warning in the Stencylpedia article, but I don't know if there's one within Stencyl itself.

http://www.stencyl.com/help/viewArticle/197

tigerteeth

I've invested so much time, money and also work promoting the app, I didn't know about this, I think Stencyl should warn about this and backup all the previously certificates made, online and offline, oh my...

Thanks anyways.
This is on google, not stencyl!

27games

What i do
The first time i created a certificate, i copy it and save the information about password and alias
and i use the same certificate for all my games, and in case that you reinstalled the android jdk, go and create a certificate with same alias and password, after that copy your old certificate and replace the new one. otherwise you should keep for each game its own certificate in order to update it later. for me i have 1 certificate for all of them.
Kind Regards

27games

You cant blame stencyl for it. Making back-ups of everything is a most know. I even have back-ups of every sound file shorter then 1 second...
Its ok for me since i got this issue the second day i used stencyl, then i solve it and i did one certificate for all my games, and i backed up this certificate, but yes he can blame stencyl since its easy for them to write about that on stencyl pedia under android publishing, dont forget that most of users are beginner and new for programming!
thank you