Admob release free eBook

SquarePug

Admob have released a new ebook called “The No-nonsense Guide to App Monetization”. Does what it says on the tin!

Its free to download on the google Admob blog: http://admob.blogspot.ie/2016/01/new-ebook-download-no-nonsense-guide-to.html

Ive not read it yet so I cant say if its good, I will post some thoughts when Ive read it.
Twitter: @satchapps.

SquarePug

Finished reading the ebook and its decent enough, more aimed at those just starting out. It took me only 10minutes to read the whole thing because although it is 20 pages it uses a lot of bullet points and has graphics in it.

Chapter one covers the 7 different monetisation methods. For each method it lists pros and cons showing there is no-one perfect monetisation method, and each has its trade-offs.

Two of the 7 'models' are not relevant to stencylers because one of them is eCommerce and the other is subscriptions. But the other 5 are good.

Chapter 2 then covers the major things to think about in order to decide which monetisation method suits your app best. It talks about; target audience, what value your app provides, how you'll promote it. It then goes on to give an example and talk about how Google Plays revenue model works.

Chapter 3 then runs through a few other final things such as implementing iAPs and when placing ads make sure your provide value first in your app before showing ads.

If you are experienced in monetising apps I wouldnt bother downloading this, but is good for those learning or if you just want a refresh on key points about monetisation.
Twitter: @satchapps.

gurigraphics

AdMob. You get ~$0,5 every 1000 impressions of the ad. (Font: Tigsource)

This information is correct?

What other monetization platforms exist, and what is the medium value of the conversion?