Flappy Kanye [Android]

shad0w

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.robertwestman.flappykanye

The most Kanye flappy game ever!
- Tap the screen to make Kanye fly
- Get points for making it through the Kanye pipes
- Don't touch the pipes or ground, or Kanye will explode

-----Score 50 points to unlock shutter glasses!!!!!-----

Features:
- Inspirational words of wisdom from Kanye
- Unique Kanye-art style
- Leaderboards and Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kanye image: "Kanye West at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival" by David Shankbone - David Shankbone. Licensed under CC BY 3.0 via Commons -  https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kanye_West_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival.jpg#/media/File:Kanye_West_at_the_2009_Tribeca_Film_Festival.jpg

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:51:14 pm by shad0w »

TheIndieStation

Because:
- Kanye is an ass
- To many flappy clones
- It hurts my eyes

Thats why xD

shad0w

well the first one you said is one of the reason to make it lol

tigerteeth

The quotes are what makes this special.

squeeb

and the ban from the play store :p haha and the only way to get unbanned is to wipe your pc... get a business license... tax id number...and a new ip address ... thats the problem with using someones likeness or copy-written material... i learned the hard way a few years back

Vectrex71

Sorry, but this is crap !  This is absolutely NOT creative or challenging. With such a @#¦?! you will not be taken seriously as a developer!

shad0w

and the ban from the play store :p haha and the only way to get unbanned is to wipe your pc... get a business license... tax id number...and a new ip address ... thats the problem with using someones likeness or copy-written material... i learned the hard way a few years back

Well I have permission to use the image so the legal team accepted the app because of that.

Sorry, but this is crap !  This is absolutely NOT creative or challenging. With such a @#¦?! you will not be taken seriously as a developer!

Not creative? So you've seen the same art style elsewhere? Not challenging? What's your high score? Like 2? With such a shit attitude and need to put other people's work down, who would take you seriously not just as a developer but as a person? Not me at least.

squeeb

not to bust chops.. but Kanye said you can make this game and use his face?  the person who gave you permission to use the image doesnt have the permission to give you the permission for kanye.. just the image he snapped with his camera... in this case doesnt quite work or i can take pictures of mario and transformers and whatnot and make a game with them?? 
i forget the pro skater.. maybe mike vallely?  but he was walking in a k mart or something and saw him on a shirt!!  the company didnt have permission to put him on a shirt even though they took the picture.. and they got sued.. not saying you will.. but you most likely will get banned from the play store.. did you upload to amazon app store?  they probably will reject the upload.. because they do screen uploads

SquarePug

As I understand it there are a few factors that affect what can and cant be done.

When things are non-commercial and 'fanmade' they are fine, Ive not heard of individuals getting in trouble, but obviously they cant be defamatory. And when things are classed as 'parody' they are no problem to be done under fair use policy (remember when South Park did 'Gay fish' without Kanyes permission?).  If this game is classed as fanmade and non-commercial then it would be surprising if you had problems.

Whereas in the case of the pro skater Squeeb mentioned in the previous post, the same happened in the UK when TopShop sold a vest with Rihannas face on it, they had permission to use the photo, but not her permission to sell her face on their clothes so she sued them. And Sandra Bullock once even sued a company who posted a YouTube video selling a watch that she wore in a film. But you clearly arent trying to sell kanye merchandise via the app.

As long as you make it clear this is fan made and non-commercial then I wouldnt worry. Also if you type 'Kanye' in to the iOS app store or Google Play Store there is tonnes of Kanye stuff, if he was going around suing every fan that made something funny of him he would have no time to carry Kims shopping bags around!
Twitter: @satchapps.

Justin

It's not hard to make funny things about Kanye West. He's a walking goldmine of comedy material.

https://youtu.be/0Axzxe1a78E?t=1m23s

<3
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

Vectrex71

With such a shit attitude and need to put other people's work down,

To be honest, your other games are really not bad ! But this here is just $#!+. Don't say you re creative with a flappy Bird Clone Number 2376236 !  Whats next ? Tetris ?  c'mon see you 2 other games in Google Playstore. They have another level of creativity and are much much better ! We all make crap from time to time.  (Me to ! More than once !!!) That's normal ! This is the only way, to learn from and to get better and better. I'm sure, your next game will be cool again ! DEAL ?!

Don't think i'm an a55hole ! I just want to motivate you !

shad0w

To be honest, your other games are really not bad ! But this here is just $#!+. Don't say you re creative with a flappy Bird Clone Number 2376236 !  Whats next ? Tetris ?  c'mon see you 2 other games in Google Playstore. They have another level of creativity and are much much better ! We all make crap from time to time.  (Me to ! More than once !!!) That's normal ! This is the only way, to learn from and to get better and better. I'm sure, your next game will be cool again ! DEAL ?!

Don't think i'm an a55hole ! I just want to motivate you !

I never said that making a flappy clone was creative. Because in most cases it's not. I'm not trying to reinvent flappy bird or tetris.... This game has nothing to do with flappy bird or flappy anything, that's besides the point. The whole premise of the game is to make fun of Kanye West. As one person has told me:
          "I don't even like Flappy Bird or the countless clones, but this is awesome."
And that is exactly how I feel about it. I'm not trying to get anyone to play something flappy, I am trying to get people to play something Kanye. Also, I still do believe the art style is creative because I've never seen anything like it anywhere.

I really think the reason you think this game is not 'cool' is that you have no idea in the world who Kanye West is, so of course you wouldn't understand the humor. I'm not sure if you're lucky to have no idea who he is, or if you're unlucky to be missing out on one of the most hilariously arrogant personalities in existence.

I very much listen to and appreciate constructive criticism, but when you say "but this here is just $#!+," instantly anything you say becomes irrelevant. If you must call my game shit, at least grow a pair and stop typing like an a55hole.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:40:15 am by shad0w »

choppedupmonkey

Preach brother shad0w.!! 8) 8)
My name is Jason, I live in America, and I am 18 years old

"Focus more on the product than profit, for the profit will come after the product." -Me