Total Spaghettification [WIP]

UnusualCadence

Hello everyone!

A couple of years for Ludum Dare I made a two-button platformer with the intention of it being speed-run called Total Spaghettification. Here's someone doing just that! https://youtu.be/aVT2p3jS4cE

I've recently dug it out of storage and started remaking it for an iOS/Android release, complete with a whole ton of new levels, features, time tracking medals and loads of other stuff.

Planning to fill this thread up with animated gifs, sounds, music and progress as it develops :)

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:52:50 pm by UnusualCadence »

UnusualCadence

Featuring 'Accurate Water Physics!™'

PhaserRave

"I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

tigerteeth

hypnotic. Cool to see what can be done with just two buttons

UnusualCadence

Working on some funky transitions for the level changes!

colburt187

This looks great, is it still just 2 button controls?

UnusualCadence

It is still two buttons, different combos of which let you wall jump, ceiling slide, and do various tricks to manoeuvre around the levels in record times! This means that the desktop release of the game will be fully compatible with Donkey Kongas :)

The main character and all the animations are under revision at the moment, so I'm looking forward to showing off all the time-trial-tricks once that's done.

tigerteeth

Working on some funky transitions for the level changes!

This is really cool.

Natrium

Mind if I ask how you made the color channels separate? 'Cause it looks very good!

(My first thought is with the use of shaders, but you said you targeted mobile platforms, and shaders don't work on mobile according to Stencylpedia.)

UnusualCadence

It's exactly that, a custom shader - they do run on mobile... although they are painfully unoptimised! This effect is just offsetting the RGB values of the final rendered texture so it seems to run with very little impact :)