Please help me to resolve my problem ...

Lubna

i am new in stencyl, in the book that i am learning ,,,,i follow all command written in the book "Learning Stencyl 3.x Game Development " but i stuck at page number 166.... because the screenshot of the basic blocks given in the book is not shown completely ( right side part is not shown completely)...So i am unable to find locate which block is there in "draw text " block at extreme right side... so please give me the complete secreenshot all blocks , so that i follow the steps very easily...please respond me as soon as possible...i am attaching the screenshot of the book as well as my own stencyl game development page where i was stuck ...i am waiting for reply...

ceosol

It is most likely "(get width of (Lives: & Lives as text) using HUD font) - 10". For the y value, try 10.

That would make the lives and the timer on opposite sides of the screen.

Lubna

Thanks for reply...
But if it is possible ,, please give me screenshot of the attached block....i am unable to find "get width of block" ...i found "get width fir" block...so please send me snapshot of that particular block...my new screenshot is attached below... please check that , it is correct.. i think final.png is correct....tell me ...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 01:23:51 pm by Lubna »

ceosol

I haven't done any tutorials or read books, so I cannot be sure. What you have in the screenshots looks "right" to me.

If it doesn't come out correctly. Try switching the -10 to +10.

danielle53

If you don't know where to find a specific block, search it :)
  at the top of the "Palette" .. here the word "width" gives 2  good candidates .. "get width for text using ...."
 and if you want to know where they come from in the Palette, right click .. you can even see their codes

Lubna

thanks for reply....I am in Score Management behavior in the "Display HUD" event...how to change ("draw round at .." block..) the color of the bar.. i want to change the color of bar to yellow..It presently shows as black... i am unable to follow the "Have a hero " entitled in the book ...i am giving you the screenshot of that page... please help me....waiting

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 03:30:52 am by Lubna »

ceosol

These are all problems that the author of the book should address. As far as I know, Stencyl itself did not write it. I had never even heard of the book before you asked the first question yesterday. I think you should find the author(s) and contact them directly.

The color block is in drawing > style.

WitlessWonderer

She talking about the book that Innes wrote.  OP, so you know, he is a member of his community and the book even has a whole message board about it:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/board,110.0.html
If you feel that the book is not clear, perhaps post there to express your problem.