Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

9 million Total Downloads

colburt187

The team and I broke 2 million total downloads from our 6 games today.

Feels great, I was so proud of my 50 downloads a day when my first game launched. Then my mind was blown when my second game got featured and got 16k in one day. My most recent game, Epic Flail got 80K downloads on its second day of feature in best new games last week.

Big thanks to the Stencyl team for making my dreams come true. Also a big shout out to all the people who have helped me and chatted to me over the last couple of years.

Really looking forward to the rest of this year making more games with stencyl.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 02:10:12 am by colburt187 »

tigerteeth

nice!!

Any links for us to look at?

SadiQ

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

BenVader

The team and I broke 2 million total downloads from our 6 games today.

Feels great, I was so proud of my 50 downloads a day when my first game launched. Then my mind was blown when my second game got featured and got 16k in one day. My most recent game, Epic Flail got 80K downloads on its second day of feature in best new games last week.

Big thanks to the Stencyl team for making my dreams come true. Also a big shout out to all the people who have helped me and chatted to me over the last couple of years.

Really looking forward to the rest of this year making more games with stencyl.

It really gives me inspiration to create games when i see developments like this :)! Congratulations! how long did it take you and your team to develop all 6 games :)! are we talking within a year or much broader than that?

colburt187

The first game was released august 2014, then I have pretty much released one every 3-4 months since then. I do the game design and coding, Folmer did the pixel art on all of them except one, George fixes the game up for Android and Sadiq helps with more advanced programming that I can't work out myself.

tigerteeth

Are you making millions and millions of euros/dollars?

colburt187

Na not even close, I'm happy with the earnings though, I think the average per game is maybe around $15,000

ceosol

Are you making millions and millions of euros/dollars?

Advertising usually gives pennies per customer. It only pays out larger amounts if the users actually download what is advertised. That is why need need 100k downloads to be making significant amounts of money off of advertisements.

SquarePug

2million downloads, beautiful number! Congrats :)

BTW I think Epic Flail is your best game yet, a lot of fun!
Name: Chris.
Stencyler since: February 2015.
Twitter: @squarepugapps.

riki82

Congratulations!  :) Your games are awesome!
I for now I'm stuck at 220.000. 
I hope one day to be able to make my passion my job!

BenVader

A bit random but apparently google play updated there policy's yesterday im not sure if it will effect anyone in a good or bad way:

Hello Google Play Developer,
We’re excited to announce the launch of a redesigned Google Play Developer Policy Center, an online resource which strives to provide developers with greater transparency and insight into our program policies.
This redesign includes a new organizational structure for the Developer Program Policies, which are now grouped into six themes. We’ve also introduced detailed guidelines and visual examples to help you better understand the policies.
In our continuing effort to make Google Play the most trusted community for developers and consumers, we also took this opportunity to update a few policies in accordance with current practices. This email is to notify you of the latest changes to our policies, a few of which are highlighted below.
•   We’ve updated our Ads policy to prohibit inappropriate ads.
•   We’ve clarified our Ads policy to prohibit certain ad behaviors that interfere with device functionality.
•   We’ve introduced restrictions on apps that try to bypass system power management features under the Device and Network Abuse policy.
•   We’ve clarified our User Data policy to include a privacy policy requirement when collecting contact/phonebook data.
Any new apps or app updates published after this notification will be immediately subject to the latest version of the Developer Program Policy. If you find any existing apps in your catalog that don’t comply, we ask that you unpublish the app, or fix and republish the app within 30 calendar days of receiving this email. After this period, existing apps discovered to be in violation may be subject to warning or removal from Google Play.
Thanks for partnering with us to deliver the world’s most innovative and trusted apps to over a billion Google Play users. We’re always looking for feedback, so please take a minute to check out the new site and tell us what you think!
Thanks for supporting Google Play,

thechaosengine

Huge congrats to Colburt187, 2015 was absolutely amazing for us and 2016 is already shaping up to be even better :)

tigerteeth

Pretty impressive!! Well done! Keep living the dream!

colburt187

3 million 10 thousand now :)

Dunkers is going so well it might end up being our first game to get 1 million downloads on its own. My current highest game is Battle Golf with 871,000 downloads.

ChristianEs

i was on the app store and on the front page i saw a rag doll- basketball game and i thought "this must be a game from that stencyl guy that made wrassling " and i was right. hehe