All collisions gone...?

Todd Marx

Hi!
I recently upgraded to Stencyl's new build, and was in the middle of a proyect. Afterwards, I opened the game and "updated" it to work with the newest version. I got around working with Atlases and everything, and the game now runs perfectly well, except of course, for the fact that my main character seems to have lost all collisions. The actor itself has every property its always had, and collisions seem unchanged. I even toggled collision groups around, but my actor keeps falling through the floor endlessly every time I run the game. :c Any ideas? :( :'(

yoplalala

Yes there was a bug with tiles which was corrected. Every actor collided with tiles even when they weren't meant to . Check if your actor is colliding with tiles in the group
(b8778) Fix: Actors and Players collide with Tiles even when not set to collide

Todd Marx

Yes there was a bug with tiles which was corrected. Every actor collided with tiles even when they weren't meant to . Check if your actor is colliding with tiles in the group
(b8778) Fix: Actors and Players collide with Tiles even when not set to collide
I guess, but the problem is the exact opposite. One of my actors, the main character, is not colliding with anything at all. :c It's created and immediately falls "through" the tiles and/or other actors.
I tried remaking the tiles, and altering their collision shape and group. I even created platform actors to go under the main one as a substitute floor, but to no avail. Also, that one particular character is the only one affected. Other actors collide well.  ???

TheIndieStation

Try placing it just a bit above the tiles. If you spawn them slightly inside a tile, collision will not occur.

Tepastelija

If i set my actor physics as Simple, it won't collide with tiles either. It just fells right through. So strange afaik Simple should have basic collisions while minimal should just fall through.

TheIndieStation

Simple physics only work with non rotation boxes. Also, 2 actors set to cannot be pushed or cannot move (or a combo of these) will not collide.

Todd Marx

Try placing it just a bit above the tiles. If you spawn them slightly inside a tile, collision will not occur.
Yeah, it falls from the center of the screen until it touches the floor in the original build. Now it just falls right through. I toggled physics around, as of Normal and Simple, but it keeps falling. :c

TheIndieStation

Have you checked your group collision settings?

Todd Marx

Have you checked your group collision settings?
Yes, the actor in question is in the Players group and set to collide with other players, enemies, actors, 1UPs, Platforms, Traps... a lot more, and Tiles. Also, the Tiles group is set to collide with Players.

TheIndieStation

Hmmm.... If you wish, you can send me your stencyl file and I will have a look!

PhilIrby

Are you sure your player actor is Not set as "can not be  pushed".  That would make the actor unable to collide with tiles.

Todd Marx

Hmmm.... If you wish, you can send me your stencyl file and I will have a look!
Great! Where to?

Todd Marx

Are you sure your player actor is Not set as "can not be  pushed".  That would make the actor unable to collide with tiles.
No, it's set to Normal on that setting. :c