My stencyl wiki

darksteel131

Hello, everyone! I have a stencyl wiki too! It includes information on this site and more. If you have something to say about it, please post it in the talk page on the home page!
It'd be cool if you can make games online.

SadiQ

To attract any visitors to your site you must offer more than just a duplicate of the stencylpedia articles (which you might not have the right to use).
 Look at what other content providers (TheIndieStation, Photon, extension creators..etc) offer to their customers and try to come up with something that people need, especially if there is a lack of resources on the topic.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

tigerteeth

Also, you haven't linked to it.

(To be fair, I think that stencylpedia is pretty outdated and a wiki would be useful)

darksteel131

My site has information on the extra features on stencyl too.

SadiQ

My site has information on the extra features on stencyl too.
Care to name a few and maybe a link?
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Donni11

To be fair, I think that stencylpedia is pretty outdated and a wiki would be useful
What do you mean ? It looks up to date.
Peace

Jon

Also, you haven't linked to it.

(To be fair, I think that stencylpedia is pretty outdated and a wiki would be useful)

The full contents of Stencylpedia are on Github and can be edited in a Wiki-like way. We last did a top-to-bottom update just a few months ago, so I respectfully disagree that the content is out of date.

https://github.com/Stencyl/stencylpedia

darksteel131

ceosol

Wow, so many ads. It was lagging my browser.

merrak

I don't see a whole lot of content that isn't already available on the main Stencyl site, and the wiki has ads. I don't think the demand for another reference is that strong. Look through the different forums (particularly, "Ask a Question"), and you should get a good view of what kind of information is in demand.

There are a lot of "How do I do ----?" questions. I think a wiki that centers on programming practices could be a useful site.

Vectrex71

Wow, so many ads. It was lagging my browser.

LOL ! He want just make some money.... 4getit ! We don't need an external thing.  It's better to contribute in the official Stencylpedia!

tigerteeth

The full contents of Stencylpedia are on Github and can be edited in a Wiki-like way. We last did a top-to-bottom update just a few months ago, so I respectfully disagree that the content is out of date.

https://github.com/Stencyl/stencylpedia

Oops! Sorry!

Perhaps I could suggest deleting the comments section entirely and including a link to the forum. The 3 - 4 year old comments at the end of several posts tend to make me think it's out of date.

darksteel131

I used a wiki system. I'm not earning any money. If you sign up, you can go to your preferences and disable ads.

darksteel131

I don't see a whole lot of content that isn't already available on the main Stencyl site, and the wiki has ads. I don't think the demand for another reference is that strong. Look through the different forums (particularly, "Ask a Question"), and you should get a good view of what kind of information is in demand.

There are a lot of "How do I do ----?" questions. I think a wiki that centers on programming practices could be a useful site.

I have a section in the forums called "Ask a Question" maybe those in need of questions can get answers there.