Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

[IOS/Android] UnityAds Video and Rewarded Video (0.1.0)

robinschaafsma

Hi,

Unity is loading both ads when initialize, and when is available then it goes true once for both blocks Video and Rewarded Blocks.
It is going true once yes, the same as the other extensions like Admob, Heyzap etc..
Don't use the block in an drawing event, but put it in the update event and create an boolean that set to true when ads are available.

Maybe it is a better idea to create an third block that only check if ads are available or not..
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

havana24

Maybe it is a better idea to create an third block that only check if ads are available or not..

I think this is the right way.
For example in chartboost extension we have "If Reward Video is cached" and it stay true until you show all the video cached.

Lets say that with the current block "UnityAds Reward video is available", put this in a global attribute when it become to TRUE.
The player play the video and the system doesn't have another one... But I got always the global attribute to TRUE so I can't know if a reward video is ready or not.
My Website: www.havana24.net

robinschaafsma

See Update 0.0.3.

In chartboost you have to cach every time after showing an ad i think. (not using Chartboost) So it continues true till it shows and then you have to cached it again.
With Unity you don't need to cach/load every time, it just cach/loads the first time when initialize, and then the block is just go true once, so there is no loop. Then you can show Video or Rewarded Ad any time you want.
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

havana24

Ok I'll check out the new version... what are the differences?

So basically with Unity a player could see even 1000 times videos and they are always available?
Seems strange...
Also because if the player doesn't have a good connection how could it has always a new video loaded? @@

robinschaafsma

Ok I'll check out the new version... what are the differences?
See first post, created an third block to check it Ads are available.. Use it in the same scene as the initialize block.

So basically with Unity a player could see even 1000 times videos and they are always available?
Seems strange...
Also because if the player doesn't have a good connection how could it has always a new video loaded? @@
This is the way how Unity build there SDK's, is not my code that do that.
Yes they can show it 1000 times, before showing and ad it check if player canShow the ad or not. If there is an bad/no connection when the ad already are available, ads will not show and it wil show automaticly when connection is good/back..
byRobinGames.com

sandsoftimer

Hey mate.... Finally multi touch problem has gone. Nice.
By the way.... I have figured out some new problems
1. Unity Test Ad is showing only once.  I tested with version 2 & 3 both but same prob.
I found 2 years older reply from unity. 
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/test-ads-not-working.329299/
May be live ad will be solved this issue.
2. Applovin instatial callback "is closed" not working.
Could you please check second one problem and confirm.
iOS ->          

Android ->
iOS -> Bubble Tapping
 Android -> Bubble Tapping

robinschaafsma

Hey mate.... Finally multi touch problem has gone. Nice.
By the way.... I have figured out some new problems
1. Unity Test Ad is showing only once.  I tested with version 2 & 3 both but same prob.
I found 2 years older reply from unity. 
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/test-ads-not-working.329299/
May be live ad will be solved this issue.
On my side it is showing more then ten times, i stopt at 15.
With Live ads it should be OK.
2. Applovin instatial callback "is closed" not working.
Could you please check second one problem and confirm.
Is this on iOS or Android?
I tested it and both interstitial and rewarded is closed works fine. Can you share your block code.
byRobinGames.com

sandsoftimer

Is this on iOS or Android?
I tested it and both interstitial and rewarded is closed works fine. Can you share your block code.

It is happening for iOS.
I just called an interstitial if available and checking with update function if interstitial is closed and found not working.
Whatever thanks for such kind of extension. specially for Applovin.
iOS ->          

Android ->
iOS -> Bubble Tapping

robinschaafsma

Ok strange that should be working.

byRobinGames.com

sandsoftimer

Could you please share your code screenshot for unity ad please.
And one thing, should i initialize unity ad every time at scene where i want to through ad?
iOS ->          

Android ->
iOS -> Bubble Tapping

robinschaafsma

I am not at home now and i am on my phone so i cannot show my code now,  but see first post..

No, you only need to intialize once as soon as possible, like in your loading game.
Than the show blocks can use when an button is pressed or when player is game over..

Don't use the the show block between the callback blocks..
byRobinGames.com

havana24

This is the way how Unity build there SDK's, is not my code that do that.
Yes they can show it 1000 times, before showing and ad it check if player canShow the ad or not. If there is an bad/no connection when the ad already are available, ads will not show and it wil show automaticly when connection is good/back..

So how can I achieve to know if a Unity ads rewarded video is ready to play?
Basically I want this in my game:
The player Die, I check if there is a reward video available, If yes I show to the player something like" Want to relive? Play the video! YES / NO".
If the player press yes the reward video start playing.
If there is no video ready there will be no question at all.

With the chartboost extension I do in this way: If Chartboost rewarded video IS CACHED then show the question.
But if I do it with Unity it doesn't work with the "Is available" block.

How do I achieve this?

robinschaafsma

Use the is available block in the same scene as the initialize block. This tells you if the ads are available.

The show rewarded/video ad is automaticly check if ad can show. In your case if you want to ask the player first, you want have an extra block that says the ad canshow. (if ad cannot show it will returns false else it will always be true. This methode is for both ads the same, there is no seperate methode available in the unity  SDK so i cannot make 2 blocks 1 for video and 1 for rewarded.

I will update the extension with this extra block.

Please don't compere ads network with other ad networks, there SDK are different, with unity you don't have to cach or load, that methode is not available in unity SDK.

EDIT: I Need completely rebuild the blocks and methode to get this to work, and than it will be complicated to get the blocks the right way for the user with no knowledge of programming.

What i can do is implement an Alert dialog that ask the player if he want to watch the rewarded video or not when its ready to show the rewarded ad.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 12:22:51 pm by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

robinschaafsma

UPDATE 0.0.4

There are now 2 seperated blocks for showing Video ads and Rewarded ads. In the show rewarded ad you can setup an Alert title and message for the player that says if he wants to watch or discard the rewarded video.
You have to setup the blocks again.

See also the first post.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 01:04:17 pm by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

havana24

Ok, I'll try the update, but I think that the main problem still remain.
Basically I just want a block that tells me FOR SURE that if I use the "show unity reward video" the video will start FOR SURE. that's it.
Is it possible?

"ad available" returns true once, so If the player start with the connection, ad available turns true for the whole game... But if the player turns off internet no video reward will be available for sure. so my code, based on the "ad available" block will continue to show to the player the "relieve menu" by watching a video with no rewarded video ready.