Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

[IOS/Android] UnityAds Video and Rewarded Video (0.1.0)

robinschaafsma

yes i know what you are saying and it is possible by using canShowAds methode from the Unity SDK, i use this methode in the showVideo/Rewarded  function  so user don't have to do this, i want to make my extension as simple as possible.
So basicly by using the show block it will check first if an video canShow or not before it actual shows.

As i said before ad available is only triggert after calling initialize block and that block must be calls once.

If i create an block that check if an ad canShow, i also have to create an extra block to set the placement ID, because you have to set the placement id first before you can call the canShow methode and you can show an ad after canShow methode is called, so you have to use 3 blocks to show an ad.
Now when you use the show block it set the placement ID, than check if ad canShow and if ad canShow it will show the ad. This all by just using one block instead of using 3 blocks.

As i said i want to make it as simple as possible so everyone can work with the extension.
You can create a game with the existing blocks or i can make the 2 extra blocks private for you.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 03:10:08 pm by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

havana24

As i said i want to make it as simple as possible so everyone can work with the extension.
You can create a game with the existing blocks or i can make the 2 extra blocks private for you.

If you could create these two blocks it would be awesome, because at the moment I can't use this extension due to this "lack".
To me you should implement this for everyone because without this feature you can't manage the extension properly.
Maybe you could leave the existing "all-in.one block" and make even the others.
As long as you show how it works I think everybody could understand, even if there are 1 or 3 more blocks! ;)
My Website: www.havana24.net

robinschaafsma

Ok i rebuild the extension to work with the extra blocks, leaving the existing blocks in no option for me, that will only confuse people and I know from experience that sometimes people do not read the instructions well.

Need same time to rebuild..
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

havana24

Thanks, I'll wait! ;)

robinschaafsma

UPDATE 0.05

See first post.
byRobinGames.com

havana24

thechaosengine

Hi Robin,

I'm running into an issue where I can't seem to build an APK due to the Unity Ads extension. When I turn off the Unity Ads extension and take out the blocks, the APK builds fine.

From my logs:

[haxelib]  [proguard] Warning: com.unity3d.ads.android.webapp.UnityAdsWebBridge: can't find referenced class android.webkit.JavascriptInterface
[haxelib]  [proguard] Note: com.unity3d.ads.android.data.UnityAdsAdvertisingId: can't find dynamically referenced class com.google.android.gms.common.GooglePlayServicesUtil
[haxelib]  [proguard] Note: com.unity3d.ads.android.data.UnityAdsAdvertisingId: can't find dynamically referenced class com.google.android.gms.ads.identifier.AdvertisingIdClient
[haxelib]  [proguard] Note: com.unity3d.ads.android.data.UnityAdsAdvertisingId: can't find dynamically referenced class com.google.android.gms.ads.identifier.AdvertisingIdClient$Info
[haxelib]  [proguard] Note: com.unity3d.ads.android.unity3d.UnityAdsUnityWrapper: can't find dynamically referenced class com.unity3d.player.UnityPlayer
[haxelib]  [proguard] Note: the configuration refers to the unknown class 'com.google.vending.licensing.ILicensingService'
[haxelib]  [proguard] Note: the configuration refers to the unknown class 'com.android.vending.licensing.ILicensingService'
[haxelib]  [proguard] Note: there were 2 references to unknown classes.
[haxelib]  [proguard]       You should check your configuration for typos.
[haxelib]  [proguard] Note: there were 4 unresolved dynamic references to classes or interfaces.
[haxelib]  [proguard]       You should check if you need to specify additional program jars.
[haxelib]  [proguard] Warning: there were 1 unresolved references to classes or interfaces.
[haxelib]  [proguard]          You may need to specify additional library jars (using '-libraryjars')

EDIT: I made a post in the Bugs section of the forum and included the full logs, if that helps.

2ND EDIT: Problem solved by updating the Android SDK and installing the Android SDK for pretty much every version. Thanks Robin!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:30:03 pm by thechaosengine »

Northfield82

Hi Robin,

I have the same problem as above.  I have followed the steps the chaos engine took, however my problem still remains.

Can you please help me?  Logs attached

Thanks

robinschaafsma

Just Update all updates and that are available in Android SDK Manger (you need to open and close the manager sometimes to see new updates)
SDK Manager is in: ../stencylwork/android-sdk/Android-SDK-mac/tools/android

Atach you see a screenshot of my Installed SDK/API. (also have installed the SDK platform of API 22, 21,20, 19)

After i did this i had no error anymore and the game was building properly.
byRobinGames.com

Northfield82

Hi Robin,

I have done everything you said and still no luck.

I have attached screenshots of my Android Studio installations.

One thing though- this folder:  ../stencylwork/android-sdk/Android-SDK-mac/tools/ does not have the /android folder in it, just an executable?

Thanks

robinschaafsma

Hi Robin,

I have done everything you said and still no luck.

I have attached screenshots of my Android Studio installations.

One thing though- this folder:  ../stencylwork/android-sdk/Android-SDK-mac/tools/ does not have the /android folder in it, just an executable?

Thanks

Yes it is executable, double click on it and the SDK manager will open..
byRobinGames.com

Northfield82

Still no luck :(

Previously I had downloaded all the SDK's in Android Studio, but I have done exactly what you said and re-downloaded all the SDK's through Stencyl.  Screenshots attached.

I have also attached my logs - would you please have a look?

Thanks

Rich

robinschaafsma

Still no luck :(

Previously I had downloaded all the SDK's in Android Studio, but I have done exactly what you said and re-downloaded all the SDK's through Stencyl.  Screenshots attached.

I have also attached my logs - would you please have a look?

Thanks

Rich

Can you try to de-install Android SDK Build-tools rev 24 and 24.0.1 (so you have the 23.0.3 as latest installed)

EDIT: And if you don't have it done already also install API 9, it will vissible when you check Obsolute checkbox at the bottom of the SDK Manager.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 01:37:29 am by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

Northfield82

Still not working...

I uninstalled the SDK tools for API 24, and the other files for API 24 (see screenshot).  I also installed API 9.  All the API's between 9 & 23 are also installed

...any more ideas?

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 06:00:19 am by Northfield82 »

FMStudioGameDev

Hi Robin,
I am encountering the same problem. Tried installing every sdk and uninstall latest, etc etc but still unable to build.
Game is building correctly if I disable UnityAds Extension (and no error if testing on device, only when publishing)
Find attached a screenshot of my Andoid sdk manager and logs.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 07:35:53 am by ShimieGames »