Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Game #3 : Making of Celebrity Boss Battles

TheeSeaverShow

#CBB  1/2

Idea behind the game:  Upgradable shooter, Bullet Hell.  Battle Celebrities.

NOTICE: Graphics are not mine, just idea for artist (Which I am still looking for).   

Levels - Will be updated as I go.

Level 1
Boss: J. Bieb Spider
Helpers: Miley Minions

J Bieb will move back and forth sending little Miley Minions at you.  These minions will run in random lines towards the bottom of the screen.  Being hit by one will make you lose one health.  Also every 1/4th health as stated above the boss (Justin B) will center in the top of the screen.  He will then Yell something (Most likely something really really stupid), then he will charge to the bottom of the screen, before returning back to the top, and beginning to move back and forth once again.

Level 1 -

Level 2
Boss: Obama Devil
Helpers: Hilary and Donald Devils

Obama Devil looking character in the middle.  He is stationary, only saying small comments as you shoot him. Donald, and Hilary minions to the right and left, shooting bullets at your from the sides.  You will not be able to hurt these 2.  Also every 1/4th health Obama will change his costume, (Animation), then shoot at you.  At 3/4th it will be several bullets in a straight line. At 1/2, he will shoot in a V shape. And at 1/4, he will shoot 3 lines of bullets at you.

Level 2 -

Level 3
Boss: T. Brady
Helpers: Russel, Johnny, Cam

Quarter backs. There will be three bins of footballs (Not in the bins yet lol).  At first, a quarter back will come in from the top of the screen.  When he hits the bin, he will throw a football at you.  He will then move back and forth from side to side, and at each bin he will throw a football again at you.  At 3/4th health, A 2nd quarter back will step in and begin throwing footballs.  He will not move.  Then at 1/2 and 1/4th, other quarterbacks will step in.  So in the end, there will be a quarterback at each bin of balls, plus the main boss (The one that will take damage) moving back and forth.  They will all be throwing balls, and it will get hectic fast!

Level 3 -

Level 4

On this level, I plan on having "Football" players.  Soccer to be more exact.  There will be 4 players.  All will be able to take damage. At first, I will spawn a ball randomly in front of one of the players.  He will then kick the ball towards you.  This will continue to happen the whole level.  As each 1/4th health depletes, another ball will spawn until there are 4 balls being kicked at you. I am also thinking about having the balls bouncing off the bottom of the screen and shooting back up to the top where it will eventually be stopped in a net behind the kicking players.

Level 4 -

Level 5

On this level, you will battle “khaleesi”.  She will have 4 guards that she commands to spread out and charge you.  At 3/4th, she will call in a dragon from the corner,  The dragon will fire balls every so many seconds for the remainder of the time you are playing the level.  At 1/2, she will then call in another one from the other corner.  It will act in the same manner as the first one.  At 1/4th, she will call in a third dragon.  This time It will fly across the bottom of the screen forcing the player to the middle of the screen where both other dragons, khaleesi, and her guards will all be, forcing you to dodge.

Level 5 -

Level 6

On this level you will battle a large cat named Meowth.  He will also be accompanied by his trainers Jesse and James.  Each 4th health Meowth will kick up through the ground in an attempt to hit you.  Also at 3/4th, james will throw a ball that will release a a snake who will slither across the ground spitting at you.  At 1/2, Jesse will throw a ball that will release a monster that will fire in all directions as it exits the screen. At 1/4th, both will throw, as will as Meowth kicking up through the ground at you.

Level 6 -

Level 7

On this level you will battle some old time characters.  It will begin with M having a normal attack (1 bullet), while the pipes shoot across the screen forcing you to the bottom.  At 3/4th health, M will leave and L will come in.  L will fire multiple bullets as well as have the pipes shoot in your directing forcing you to move out into the open.  At 1/2, L will leave and in will come P.  She will also make the pipes shoot you as she fire multiple bullets into your direction. Once at 1/4th health, B will finally come in.  He will fire TONS of bullets at you as your fight to dodge the pipes, shells, and bullets.

Level 7 -

Level 8

Level 8 -

Level 9

Level 9 -

Level 10

Level 10 -

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:44:01 pm by TheeSeaverShow »

TheeSeaverShow

#CBB  2/2

TO-DO
- Brady Prance like a GOAT. (Also Trampled Grass on path)
- Make Stoppers 1/4 , 1/2, 3/4.
- Add 2nd Currency w/ Real Cash
- Change blocks to White-Out Heads on lose screen
- Change win heads to have X'ed eyes
-Wait to attack on level 7
-Meowth feet appear timer
-IF ad cannot display, respond
-(+ ∞)

TO-DONE
- Move HUD down a few pixels
- Move Money font down 1/2 font Height
- Make Pause Menu
-Put in stopper on bonus AD Healths. <10
- MAGA hat on trump
- Brady Needs to keep shield Longer
- Remove Collision bounds on gold stacks.
-Handle timing out and app exiting
-Pause app when put to background
- Align all bottom HUD
- Add scene explaining Celebrities Craziness
- Emblem on HomeScreen link to website
-If failed to load, reload
-Extra life earn animation
- Add bonus gold animations for level Cleared
-Donald + Hilary collision bounds
-Center continue button on lose screen
-Gfg logo needs moved down for new HUD

(+ 107 omitted)

Crashes
- Level 3 - If Brady dies to fast.
- Level 8 -> 9 - Crash going into level 9.

Animation List

Boss 1
- Death
- Idle
-No Damage
- Walk
Boss 2
-Idle
-PopUp
-No Damage
Boss 3
- Idle
- Throw
- No Damage
- Cam
- CamThrow
-Johnny
-JohnnyThrow
-Russel
-RusselThrow
Boss 4
- UD
Boss 5
- Idle
-No Damage
Boss 6
- Appear
-Idle
-No Damage
Boss 7
-Mario
-Luigi
-Peach
-Bowser
Boss 8
- UD
Boss 9
- UD
Boss 10
- UD
Buttons
-BackButton
-LifeButton
-BuyButton
-ContinueButton
-CreditsButton
-PauseMenuButton
-PlayButton
-SoundButton
-PauseButton
-GreenfordGamesButton
-MusicButton
HUD
-UpgradeBackground
-BulletCount
-BulletsMenu
-CannotAffordBlink
-Explosions
-HealthHud
-Healths
-HealthsCopy
-HUDBottom
-PauseHUD
-Shields
-TitleText
Money
-Coin
-GoldCoin
-GoldStack
-DollarBundle
-Diamond
-StackOCoins
-7Stack
-8Stack
-9Stack
-10Stack
Names
-Name 1
-Name 2
-Name 3
-Name 4
-Name 5
-Name 6
-Name 7
-Name 8
-Name 9
-Name 10

Sound List

-BackgroundMainSound
-CoinPickupSound
-DamageSound
-FlooomSound
-MinonDieSound
-ShotSound
-ThoomSound
-TitleSlideSound
-ScreechSound
-ButtonClickSound

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:06:18 pm by TheeSeaverShow »

Awesomepants

Here's a tip: Sometimes it helps to, instead of putting code in the minion to die when it collides with a bullet, put code in the bullet to kill the minion when it collides with it. I had your problem on a game of mine that I am working on, and this worked for me!  :)

decafpanda

Looks good!

I have a similar idea for a game like this.  Looking forward to see some more posts

TheeSeaverShow

Here's a tip: Sometimes it helps to, instead of putting code in the minion to die when it collides with a bullet, put code in the bullet to kill the minion when it collides with it. I had your problem on a game of mine that I am working on, and this worked for me!  :)

Thanks for the advice. Im about to change it and give it a try. Will let you know if it helps!

**Update** Worked like a charm! Thank you so much for that! =D

TheeSeaverShow

*Update*

-Added new video showing levels 1-3 and a few mechanics I have planned.

Awesomepants

Thanks for the advice. Im about to change it and give it a try. Will let you know if it helps!

**Update** Worked like a charm! Thank you so much for that! =D
You're welcome.

TheeSeaverShow

Updated a few pictures, and added some explaining text on the first few levels. Will add some more soon.  Thanks for the suggestions and interest.

TheeSeaverShow

Updated: Removed junk nobody wanted to read.  Added images for levels 6,7,8,9,10.  Also added explaining for a few levels.  I will update more tomorrow.  Thanks for watching and reading along.  If you have any suggestions, please post them and Ill do my best to respond and react in a timely manner!  Thanks a ton again!

TheeSeaverShow

Added some silly GIFs to show you what I'm working with right now.  Looking for an artist for the game! Gonna work on getting a lot more on here.  Looking forward to hearing for any of you!

Kyle

TheeSeaverShow

Changes

-Changed Menu image
-Added 2nd post for todo, todone, animations, sounds, crashes.
- Will be updating often now, got that 2nd wind  ;D