Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

[iOS/Android] ReplayKit for iOS9 and Android 5.0 (0.0.7)

suitcasenuke

robinschaafsma

byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

thechaosengine

Robin, I've noticed that when recording on an iPhone 6+, my portrait game has a single pixel green line on the right side running all the way through, vertically. It doesn't seem to appear on other devices, and it doesn't happen on my other game, which is landscape, on the same device. Any ideas? Running the latest version of the extension but it happened with the first one as well.

Example here.

robinschaafsma

Hi,

This is Apple related, https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/45028
It seems this only happens on iPhone 6+.

We have to wait that Apple fix this issue..
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

thechaosengine

Good to know, cheers.

Max Finch

Hey Robin,

Would it be possible to know if the player pressed "Don't Allow" when asked if they want to play with the microphone on/off?

This button cancels the recording and I'd like my game to know if the recording was cancelled.

robinschaafsma

Hi Max, i think that would be possible, i am working on an Android version at the moment i will take a look if i can do this in new version.
byRobinGames.com

Max Finch

Awesome -- staying tuned.

Max Finch

Any update on this? Planning on an late September app submission and early october release :)

robinschaafsma

UPDATE Available version 0.0.3

(0.0.3)
– Android 5.0> support (works only on device thats running Android 5 or higher
– Added is Cancelled boolean block (if user cancelled recording)
– Added ask for Preview option in Initialize block (ask user to view video after recording)

On Android  is ReplayKit only available on devices running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or above.
For Android make sure you selected API 21 or higher in Mobile settings->version->Android Target version

If you already purchases this extension you can login to your account on my store and re-download the extension.
byRobinGames.com

robinschaafsma

Any update on this? Planning on an late September app submission and early october release :)

Done in version 0.0.3
byRobinGames.com

robinschaafsma

Would love to see this implemented as well!

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2016/601/

This should be  build in an separate extension.
byRobinGames.com

Max Finch

Hey Robin I think your "is recording" boolean is broken. It's not returning true when I start recording "in an always event"

robinschaafsma

Hey Robin I think your "is recording" boolean is broken. It's not returning true when I start recording "in an always event"

Ok i will look at thanks...
byRobinGames.com