Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

[iOS/Android] ReplayKit for iOS9 and Android 5.0 (0.0.7)

robinschaafsma

Hey Robin I think your "is recording" boolean is broken. It's not returning true when I start recording "in an always event"

Ok i will look at thanks...

Max,

I investagate it and it seems to work on my side in iOS 9. This block turns true when recording starts and stays true untill it stop recording, if you put this block in an Always event the behaviors between if isRecording will calls repeatly untill it stops recording.

Another thing i find out is that Apple deprecated startRecording with microphone in iOS 10.
So if you where testing on iOS 10 maybe this is the case that isRecording was not working.

I updated the extension to get i work properly on iOS 10 and higher.
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

robinschaafsma

UPDATE Available version 0.0.4

Update for iOS 10 startRecordingWithMicrophoneEnabled is Deprecated in iOS 10, need to call startRecordingWithHandler in iOS 10.

If you already purchases this extension, just login to your account on my store to re-download this extension.
byRobinGames.com

I'am not always on the forum, you can mail me if you have an question. info@byrobin.nl

Max Finch

Oh yeah they did depreciate it in iOS 10 which is why I wasn't able to use that block.

Thanks Robin!

jaughnaugh

Hey Robin!

After i finish recording and preview the video, i get a black screen...?  Im running iOS 9.3.5 on an iPhone 6s

colburt187

The New version of replaykit seems to be acting strange, I don't have time to test but my rec button didn't show up, which is in a 'if replay kit is available' condition in when created. It shows up when I change back to the old version, everything seems to work fine with the old version and tested on iOS 10, so I'm sticking with that for now.

robinschaafsma

Hey Robin!

After i finish recording and preview the video, i get a black screen...?  Im running iOS 9.3.5 on an iPhone 6s

Is this with asking for preview or not, or get you a black screen in both cases.

*Edit: i can't test it on 9.3.5 because i updated my phone and i don't have an IPhone 6s but an iPhone 6 with iOS 10.0.2 and i don't have black screens. (also when i had 9.3.5 i had no black screens) but as i said this is on an iPhone 6.
The replay kit works on iPhone devices 5s and above, so it's a bit strange that you get an black preview.
Maybe you can share some logs from Xcode when the black screen appears.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:01:03 pm by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

robinschaafsma

The New version of replaykit seems to be acting strange, I don't have time to test but my rec button didn't show up, which is in a 'if replay kit is available' condition in when created. It shows up when I change back to the old version, everything seems to work fine with the old version and tested on iOS 10, so I'm sticking with that for now.

mm thats strange because the 'if replay kit is available' condition did not change in the new version.

Edit* Just tested again and it seems to be working fine.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:01:54 pm by robinschaafsma »
byRobinGames.com

colburt187

Ok ill do some further experiments and see if i can narrow down what is going wrong for me, will there be any issue with my game that is waiting for review now using the old version?

robinschaafsma

Ok ill do some further experiments and see if i can narrow down what is going wrong for me, will there be any issue with my game that is waiting for review now using the old version?

Hey, i don't know if Apple will reject because of the deprecated function in iOS 10, my case they don't because it's still works on iOS 10. Only the the isRecording won't work on iOS 10 with the old version because of the deprecated function.
byRobinGames.com

colburt187

That's interesting because I use the 'if recording' block to create the end recording button, and on a 6 plus running iOS 10 the button shows up.

robinschaafsma

That's interesting because I use the 'if recording' block to create the end recording button, and on a 6 plus running iOS 10 the button shows up.

O ok, thats strange because Max had this issue(see post from Max above)
Than i don't see a reason why Apple will reject your app.
byRobinGames.com

jaughnaugh

Hey, it mysteriously started recording today! Maybe it was just my phone? Strangely, yesterday i tried restarting my phone and still kept getting a black screen. But it works now!

Max Finch

O ok, thats strange because Max had this issue(see post from Max above)
Than i don't see a reason why Apple will reject your app.

I don't have an issue with it anymore, but it does seem to act a little strange. (takes a while to initiate recording, takes a while to trigger "is recording", and doesn't fully record to "stop recording". IE seems to cut out a few seconds of the ending clip)

robinschaafsma

Ok did you had this also with the older version? or is this iOS 10 related?
byRobinGames.com

Max Finch

Possibly iOS 10 related. Didn't happen before